Gods of Egypt is horrible

Ryujin

Legend
That's not surprising. GoE is a Hollywood movie written lazily by people looking to capitalize on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's and Gerard Butler's fame.

Well, to be fair, it was actually written by priests perhaps 6,000 years ago. All these screenwriters did was add some overly large cobras and some 'splosions. Yup, that's pretty lazy.

Ryujin

Legend
George Washington Craver did not create/invent peanut butter.

Saw failure on with this movie from the first TV spot. 140m to make, then spent another 60m to advertise it.

No, peanut butter came long before Carver (though he did make it). You're asking for historical accuracy from Hollywood? They've got giant, flame spitting cobras.

Giant.

Flame spitting.

Cobras.

Well, to be fair, it was actually written by priests perhaps 6,000 years ago. All these screenwriters did was add some overly large cobras and some 'splosions. Yup, that's pretty lazy.
Regarding "splosions," they should just have had Michael Bay make this movie. He would have added Bayspolsions and hot girls. This movie would have made millions. Just look at what he did with the pile that is transformers. That guy is a freaking genius!

Ryujin

Legend
Regarding "splosions," they should just have had Michael Bay make this movie. He would have added Bayspolsions and hot girls. This movie would have made millions. Just look at what he did with the pile that is transformers. That guy is a freaking genius!

I should have noted that the BODY of the golem, in "The Carver Story", will be played by Megan Fox. I think that she qualifies as a construct by now.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Soundtrack by Buckethead, The Chemical Brothers, and Skunk Anansie.

Score by Danny Elfman. Or Mark Mothersbaugh.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

I'm calling BS on that one! Sure those priest may have done the original concept but they brought in new writers to tone it down for the PG rating. Just look at the Lettuce scene for instance. in the original lettuce is smeared with semen and is a central element of incestuous rape and domination between Set and Horus, in the movie its a chance for magical negro Thoth to single handedly make up for whitewashing the rest of the pantheon.

I say more smeggy lettuce would have made the movie tolerable!

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Here's a spoilery review of of GoE. Some NSFW language. I like CBG19's reviews because, like me, she actually likes some bad movies precisely because they're bad, though I have disagreed with her on some (cough*Prometeus*cough).

[video=youtube;plc9FYCGTEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plc9FYCGTEI[/video]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases