Naked and living in a barrel
Nostalgia, nostalgia.

[video=youtube;w3ugHP-yZXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw[/video]

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It looks pretty good, so far.

However, watching the trailer got the theme music stuck in my head, with super glue or something.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I really hope this is good. The trailer makes it feel more slapstick and frenetic and shouty than the dryer wit of the original. Or maybe I'm just getting old!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I really hope this is good. The trailer makes it feel more slapstick and frenetic and shouty than the dryer wit of the original. Or maybe I'm just getting old!

Given that the original was 30 years ago? I think that you're getting old is pretty much unquestionable. :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

I got that same impression too, which again might just an age thing* :)

for instance what I assume is the Library ghost scene with its slime vomit just made me cringe

I do like that they are freely referencing the original and hope they also do so in the movie

* It may also be a female comediene thing which admitting might make me sound like a misogynist snob :(

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I wonder if they are going to aim for a younger audience than the original. The orginal was rather dark for kids.

MechaPilot

Explorer
It looks interesting and fun (but then trailers always try to present the best face possible). I do like the gender-swap concept, even if there was originally much hate towards it. If the other trailers are good, I'll definitely go see this.

30 years? The last Ghostbusters movie was a nebulous 10 - 20 years ago. Just like The Crow, Empire Records, the original Star Wars trilogy, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, Conan the Barbarian, and everything else from my childhood/teens.

The trailer has me pretty darn excited for the film.

Given that the original was 30 years ago? I think that you're getting old is pretty much unquestionable. :)

Remove ads