D&D 5E [Merged] Ravenloft Now Open to Creators on DM's Guild

Quickleaf

Legend
So great that WotC opened up Ravenloft for DM's Guild writers! Hopefully, this will be their long-term strategy with other settings as well...

And I guess I can share that I'm on the cusp of releasing a Ravenloft adventure! :) It's titled The Beast of Graenseskov, and it's meant as an introductory adventure for 1st-3rd level PCs. Pretty open-ended and more mystery / exploration focused than Death House. Imagine the Brothers Grimm fairy tale "Allerleirauh" meeting the Brotherhood of the Wolf movie and you've got a good sense of the feel. I'll probably release it the coming weekend once I do all my editing and layout and cover art.

Here's a sneak preview of the area map (just need to finish up the hills/mountains)...

Attachments

• Graensekov map.png
    Graensekov map.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Great news! I hope Dark Sun is next!

I'm also eager for Mystara, Greyhawk, Planescape, and Spelljammer to be added into the mix.

(Imagine the possibilities! :D )

Koren

Explorer
So great that WotC opened up Ravenloft for DM's Guild writers! Hopefully, this will be their long-term strategy with other settings as well...

And I guess I can share that I'm on the cusp of releasing a Ravenloft adventure! :) It's titled The Beast of Graenseskov, and it's meant as an introductory adventure for 1st-3rd level PCs. Pretty open-ended and more mystery / exploration focused than Death House. Imagine the Brothers Grimm fairy tale "Allerleirauh" meeting the Brotherhood of the Wolf movie and you've got a good sense of the feel. I'll probably release it the coming weekend once I do all my editing and layout and cover art.

Here's a sneak preview of the area map (just need to finish up the hills/mountains)...

Groovy-looking map. Any update on the release date for this? I couldn't find it on a search on the DMG. If the rest of the product is as polished as the map, it should do well.

Quickleaf

Legend
Groovy-looking map. Any update on the release date for this? I couldn't find it on a search on the DMG. If the rest of the product is as polished as the map, it should do well.

I've been putting an extra level of polish to it, both graphically and story wise. It's pushing 70+ pages, so it's not a little adventure! Should go through final edits and be up on DMsG this weekend. I'm very excited :)

The more quality products folks put up on DMsG (or any of the recent alternatives), the better, I think.

Koren

Explorer
The more quality products folks put up on DMsG (or any of the recent alternatives), the better, I think.

Absolutely! Look forward to seeing the end result. I'll be running Death House for my CoS group's 1st-3rd levels, but will definitely support another intro adventure for Ravenloft, if only to have it ready on the backburner in case I need to run a side adventure to level up some new PCs due to early party attrition.

That extra level of polish is so important, and unfortunately, so much of the stuff out there looks like it's been copy edited by baboons. When I pick it up, I'll be sure to post a review.

Quickleaf

Legend
Absolutely! Look forward to seeing the end result. I'll be running Death House for my CoS group's 1st-3rd levels, but will definitely support another intro adventure for Ravenloft, if only to have it ready on the backburner in case I need to run a side adventure to level up some new PCs due to early party attrition.

That extra level of polish is so important, and unfortunately, so much of the stuff out there looks like it's been copy edited by baboons. When I pick it up, I'll be sure to post a review.

Well, about a month after Curse of Strahd released, and finally I put The Beast of Graenseskov up on DM's Guild!

And here's the publisher announcement on ENWorld.

Look forward to your feedback. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases