Orc Cops Orc Cops, what you gonna do when they come for you?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
https://www.thewrap.com/will-smith-joel-edgerton-to-star-in-david-ayers-cop-thriller-bright/

Will Smith and Joel Edgerton are attached to star in “Bright,” a cop thriller with fantasy elements that David Ayer will direct from a script by Max Landis (“Chronicle”), TheWrap has learned.

Set in a world where orcs and fairies live among humans, “Bright” boasts a unique protagonist in the form of an orc cop.

Well, I can't complain that Hollywood is just doing remakes and sequels, but this sounds like Shadowrun meets MIB.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I bet there will be jokes about the orc cops loving pie. Their cruisers will all be at bakeries.

A guy will get stopped...

OC: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Driver: (looks around car interior) "I don't see any pies in the car, officer- you tell me!"

Janx

Hero
I bet there will be jokes about the orc cops loving pie. Their cruisers will all be at bakeries.

A guy will get stopped...

OC: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Driver: (looks around car interior) "I don't see any pies in the car, officer- you tell me!"

that's racist man. Ever since 3e, it's OK to be an orc. We can't tell orc jokes anymore. Orc Lives Matter, which doesn't mean other lives don't matter.

Ryujin

Legend
that's racist man. Ever since 3e, it's OK to be an orc. We can't tell orc jokes anymore. Orc Lives Matter, which doesn't mean other lives don't matter.

I've even got the guy for the part. He's already done his time as a mouse wesen, so it's time he got a big Orc part.

rilk.jpg

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm glad the mods from the WoTC forums were able to find jobs after that placed closed down. View attachment 75175

On a serious note, someone needs to stop letting Will Smith make fantasy movies. He was horrifically terrible in Winter's Tale.

Whats wrong with Lucifer as a Gangsta Pimp sitting on a throne in the New York sewer?

- it shows his - ummm - versatility, yeah thats it -

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
Whats wrong with Lucifer as a Gangsta Pimp sitting on a throne in the New York sewer?

- it shows his - ummm - versatility, yeah thats it -

Well, to start with, the throne is supposed to feed into the sewers, not be in them.

I can see the plot now. Orc cop (Will Smith), who distrusts magical constructs, investigates the death of the alchemist (James Cromwell) who saved his life when he was in a war cart accident. He suspects that the golem (voiced by Alan Tudyk) the alchemist was working on actually murdered him. With the help of an Elven Magus (Bridget Moynahan) he finds that the conspiracy goes far deeper, to the source of magic itself.

Yup; range.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases