Death House Launch Event Bonus

kalani

First Post
As has been announced on social media, there is a special bonus for stores running the Death House Launch Event in the form of exclusive magic item certificates for three magic items within the adventure. Two of these items are exclusive to in-store Launch Events and are listed as mundane items in Curse of Strahd and the Dragon+ versions of Death House

Only players who participate in an in-store launch event can access these two exclusive magic items! Players who play Death House at home will only receive the single magic item listed in the adventure (with the other two items being mundane).

The Local Coordinators and Regional Coordinators are busy contacting every store on the WPN who is listed as participating in D&D Adventurers League. If your store has not yet been contacted please have the stores owner or manager contact your nearest Local Coordinator (or failing that - your regional coordinator). These certificates are distributed to stores via the Local Coordinator, who will only email them to the owner/manager using an official store email address.

Once the certificates have been received, the store can then print them as per the instructions that come with the certificates.

Please note: These certificate files should not be given to the general public. Doing so allows them to print these files at home giving them no incentive to play in-store.
It may also prevent us from providing certificates in the future.

Last edited:

jrothwell

First Post
Awesome, I can't wait to see these. I posted a whole bunch of stuff last night on my leagues FB page, and the players are very excited. I am going to do up all my player and GM packages today as we start on Wednesday! My store owner is a luddite. How do I find out who my Local Coordinator is?

CapnZapp

Legend
Please note: These certificate files should not be given to the general public. Doing so allows them to print these files at home giving them no incentive to play in-store.
It may also prevent us from providing certificates in the future.
To be honest, what I find baffling here is that you use a system that assumes something won't find its way out on the internet. In an age where everything is on the internet...

I sincerely hope that when you say "It may also prevent us from providing certificates in the future" you really mean "It may also prevent us from providing certificates in this fail-prone, easily-defeated manner in the future.

Please do not interpret this post as a whining negative kind of post. And you don't actually have to respond.

I'm merely well and truly baffled if you honestly believe you can make this work on the honor system, and have trouble believing that you actually do not have any kind of system planned where you can catch copy-makers and resolve situations with two people both presenting the same cert.

That said, I wish you luck. Have a nice day!

kalani

First Post
There is a list of administrators that you can find on the dndadventurersleague.org website. As the mists of Ravenloft cleared last night however, it revealed a new website design which may take a little while to get used to.

On the new website scroll over the Find a Game tab, and click on Regions. About 1/3 of the way down the subsequent page is a big heading saying List of all Campaign Staff. Click the link beneath that heading and it should provide a list of administrators by region. Alas, the wikipedia entry for our administrators page has broken during the migration (I have since contacted Alan which will be added to his list of things to fix lol).

Rils

Explorer
Is there any hint of what these items might be, even a stat-less hint, for those of us who are playing the adventure with our home group in a non-AL setting, and love to see what other fun ideas can be incorporated into the game? I'd be totally up for granting my players some cool additional rewards, but we aren't and don't plan on ever playing AL...

kalani

First Post
Sorry no hints. The admins prefer players themselves to play the adventure without prior knowledge (if possible) and with an eye toward the surprise of discovery (rather than playing the adventure with X character because it contains Y).

While a hint wouldn't affect your non-AL group, it would affect any other group reading this forum.

kalani

First Post
Is there a reasonable timeframe that stores should be expecting to receive the email? I've tried contacting both LCs for my state with no response.
The goal is to have the certs in the stores hands "Yesterday" (as in, ASAP). If your store has not yet received an email or phone call by an LC/RC, have the store manager or owner contact the RC as it may not have come up on the list yet.... I myself have a good 30 stores to contact today alone (and that is not counting the stores my LCs are contacting). The certs will not be emailed until the LC/RC has spoken directly with a store manager/owner, and has a confirmed store email address for that person.

Remove ads