Cthulhu Comes to Pathfinder Courtesy of CoC's Sandy Petersen

Fans of the Cthulhu Mythos and the Pathfinder RPG will be interested in this Kickstarter from Call of Cthulhu creator Sandy Petersen. He's producing a book of over 100 Cthulhu entities for Pathfinder -- that includes revising and updating 25 or so from the existing Pathfinder Bestiaries 1-5, adding 50 new creatures, and 40 creatures from current Bestiaries that are suitable for inclusion in the Cthulhu Mythos. Not only that, but the Kickstarter also includes a bunch of miniatures.

Fans of the Cthulhu Mythos and the Pathfinder RPG will be interested in this Kickstarter from Call of Cthulhu creator Sandy Petersen. He's producing a book of over 100 Cthulhu entities for Pathfinder -- that includes revising and updating 25 or so from the existing Pathfinder Bestiaries 1-5, adding 50 new creatures, and 40 creatures from current Bestiaries that are suitable for inclusion in the Cthulhu Mythos. Not only that, but the Kickstarter also includes a bunch of miniatures.

cthmin.jpg

The book is a full-colour hardcover; you can get it for a $35 pledge, or the PDF for $15. The (unpainted but assembled) miniatures come in three pack sizes - the six Horde Packs for $15, the four Adventure Kits for $35 and the four Campaign Collections for $70 each (or there are pledge level options which include them). The whole shebang comes in at a $440 pledge for the book and over 150 miniatures. I assume the miniatures are plastic.

It's Pathfinder only, although there are stretch goals to be announced, so the possibility of a 5E version isn't implausible.

Find the Kickstarter here. It's already funded, so it's just a question of stretch goals now.

I would love to have got a d20 version of Lovecraft myths but I wish interesting antagonists, not the classic "investigating to avoid the fatal rite". My style of gameplay is more to hunt and kick-ass the primal monsters. I hope to see d20 stats for most interesting Lovecratian creatures (at least interesting for my own point of view).

SilverShoggoth

First Post
I would love to have got a d20 version of Lovecraft myths but I wish interesting antagonists, not the classic "investigating to avoid the fatal rite". My style of gameplay is more to hunt and kick-ass the primal monsters. I hope to see d20 stats for most interesting Lovecratian creatures (at least interesting for my own point of view).

Have you tried taking a look at Call of Cthulhu D20? Its not a perfect system but it provides stats for a decent number of Lovecraftian baddies that are all perfectly compatible with D&D 3.X should you wish to hack and slash at them.

Remove ads

Remove ads