How do you pronounce "bulette"

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Lan-"and it seems someone else has learned the Raise Thread spell - check the date of the OP!"-efan

You know what I think is insane? Apparently nobody responded to the OP's question for over 15 freaking years.

This is some "unearth the Mummy" type stuff, and we are all doomed.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
You know what I think is insane? Apparently nobody responded to the OP's question for over 15 freaking years.

This is some "unearth the Mummy" type stuff, and we are all doomed.
Mummies live in deserts...Bulettes live in deserts...yeah, I see the connection there. :)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I've always pronounced it "boo-let"

But Matt Mercer, in his recorded pronunciation for DnD Beyond's bulette entry, pronounces it more like "buh-let"

Yet EN World's D&D Pronunciation Guide states:

Bulette: boo-LAY (note that this one is universally condemned by gamers everywhere, so we suggest ignoring WotC and saying "boo-lett")

I suggest pronouncing it "bullet-tea", just to annoy people.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Or "BOO-letty"?

This reminds me of Jonathan Teatime in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather, who insists on everyone pronouncing his surname as Teh-ah-tim-eh.

I have a simple sense of humor and it always gives me the giggles. I'm always walking in and around pronunciation landmines at work given the very international environment I work in. I try my best to pronounce names correctly (i.e., the preferred pronunciation of the person so-named), but when I fail and run aground against someone who takes themselves too seriously, I can't help but needle them a bit. Especially since so many who take issue with how you pronounce their name make little effort to learn the pronunciation of names in languages they are unfamiliar with.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases