Dark Days in Sion - Act 3: Scene 1

narayan

Explorer
Avar, Billanverthorne, Burrai, Elloral, Ersun, Jabbar, Ren

Burrai said:
Something glimmered on the edge of Burrai's vision, was that s figured limned in a sheen of rippling transparency, like water trickling down perfect glass....Immediately Burrai turned his back to the watcher. He'd seen enough mages parlour tricks to know invisibility when he saw it. He might then have been the first dwarf who was ever thankful for the rain. As the newcomer announced himself as Ersun, rather indignantly, Burrai stepped closer to Elloral and took her wrist, pulling her attention to him.

"Elloral. Don't look, but we have company." He whispered, urgently. "Standing in the corner by the tower, wearing some kind of spell to hide. Does Valkauna grant you any power to freeze of hold people? If so, cast there and I shall try to apprehend it before it flees. It seems we are not finished with malevolent visitors this night!"

Dungeon Master said:
Elloral: Her body tenses in your grasp as you speak, but she is careful not to whirl and stare in that general direction. -speaking softly and urgently- "I do posses such a spell, but I cannot target someone I cannot see!" She explains.

[Burrai: Was this declaration to Elloral supposed to alert the whole group, or just her? If it was just supposed to be her, the others may still be able to hear you with a listen check... probably dc 15. Let me know in case I need to make listen checks for the others before you proceed.]

Burai said:
OOC: that was intended for Elloral only

Ok so here are the listen check results of everyone who can possibly overhear you and Elloral speak to each other...

Avar: (Listen Check, DC 15: = 20, Success)

Billanverthorne: (Listen Check, DC 15: = 20, Success)

Ersun: (Fate Pool Listen Check, DC 15: = 19, Success)

Jabbar: (Listen Check, DC 15: = 21, Success)

Ren: (Listen Check, DC 15: = 20, Success)

...it would seem everyone's hearing is especially good at this moment. In order not to have too much confusion about who says or does what first... we shall roll initiative.

<Round 1>

Bleeding Damage ( * )
Fire Damage ( # )
Cold Damage ( @ )
Spell Damage ( ^ )
Spell Healing ( ^ )
Poison Damage ( ! )

The order of initiative is: (*Fate Pool)

(*19) Ersun
(16) Jabbar
(*15) Billanverthorne
(12) Elloral
(12) Ren
(10) Avar
(*9) Burrai

(?) Invisible Person

[Ersun: You are the first to overhear and react to what Burrai told Elloral and what she said in response. It is your turn, What do you do?]

Last edited:

97mg

Explorer
Aletia: Not an easy question

Kayote: drinks deeply, downing his glass as if it were water before he says. "I know who you are Aletia. Vallio spoke of you often. He thought of you like a daughter. I'm sure it would bring him comfort to know we finally met. All these years he never asked me for anything, except to help you if anything should happen to him." He sighs, pouring his glass full again. "So what is it I can do for you?" He asks plainly.

[Aletia: What do you do?]

It was a question she'd heard before, plenty of times. Usually it was a precursor to a shadowy attempt at trade, a "give take" scenario, of which the young elf rarely took interest. People who wanted to help, more often than not had an agenda, something a little extra that they needed to pry out of a deal, not so dissimilar to chipping a gem from its surrounding rock. Aletia always remained uncut, a rough stone which spoke of "potential" and little more. In all honesty it was usually her holding the pick and prying out the pieces of life she believed she deserved.

Vallio had been different. Her devotion to him had been selfless and beyond the realms of simple friendship. They just... "were".

Aletia was caught off guard by the enquiry from this dwindling soul's lips. It felt good though. She was safe and amongst he who was clearly a good friend to her beloved. The only harm that could come to her here would be a result of her own failings... her own grief perhaps.

There was a pause as the young woman let it simmer, boiling away the emotion-driven desires, and hoping to reduce her answer into something solid. Something real.

~Vengeance!~
Yes, it went without saying really. But was that what Vallio would have really wanted? Was her destiny like his, tied to the Moonblooded?

After he admitted he was Moonblooded he also said that joining his network was a sure guarantee of loneliness and thankless sacrifice, but a necessary one. How he said it made it sound more like an apology than a warning. Perhaps he hated himself for not being there to save your father? Surely he never wanted you to adopt the path of the Moonblooded, but you can't ignore the possibility he might have expected you to follow in his footsteps.

~Knowledge and patience~
She had a whole life ahead of her... maybe... if the recurring dreams were naught but mist. Any attempt to truly understand Vallio's life, his connections and the reason for his death, would not come easily. She needed to slow down, take a breath, and piece together a plan.

Remaining bowed before the old warrior, Aletia kept the tears at bay just a little longer, and delivered the words as best she could.

"Dear Master Burlock, thank you for your words, for further revealing his trust and love of both you and I. Vallio truly honours me in placing myself in your trust. Grief weakens me sir, so I am unable to truly know what you can possibly do, nor what I could possibly want. Nor do I know what Vallio truly wanted, or expected, from our eventual meeting. If you do not object, I would like to answer your question in days nearby, yet still to come."

~Yes! Don't rush. Find your feet and learn, learn girl learn...~

"Perhaps, if it is not a burden, for now... I would like to reverse the question..."

"If you permit, I would very much like to learn more of your family, of your friendship with Vallio, and I will pay for this with service. If you would be so kind as to provide me shelter, to spend some of your precious moments with me, then in return I will work, serve, run errands, or pay for my place by your side in any way that would make Vallio proud."

As Kayote digested the request, Aletia stood, smiled, and asked one last question.

"Do you mind if I have a sip of whatever it is that soothes your soul? Let us share just one toast, in the name of our unforgotten friend."

[sblock=Aletia Stats]

AletiaS.jpg
ALETIA - Shining in the darkness

Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=725599
Level
4 Sorceress Init 3, HP Max: 22 Current: 22, Speed 30ft
AC 14, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Longbow +5 to hit / D8 damage (+1 point blank +1 with magic arrows)
Longsword +2 to hit / D8 damage

Familiar Crez (Tiny silver viper) Init 3, HP Max: 11 Current: 11, Speed 15ft
AC 19, Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Poisonous Bite +2 to hit / D1 damage (+poison)
Abilities: Deliver touch spells, Alertness, Improved evasion, Spare spells, Empathic link
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ersun

Quick thoughts run through Ersun's mind. Well, he couldn't have been the only one to overhear that. Second, he could cast a color spray, but that is easy enough to shrug off. Third, it might not be his place to start casting spells wildly just as he arrived. Fourth, He is almost sure someone else who's overheard the whispers won't be able to keep himself from giving it away. So he does not react, just listens carefully for sounds of the invisible person in case things escalate somehow.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
As you move away with your wheel-barrow you approach four men walking slowly through the downpour, single-file, towards the shop. The men are cloaked, heads low, carrying kegs under one arm and cold-torches in their hands. Your first guess is they must be making a late-night delivery from the Brewers Guild to the Fools Gold Tavern (As sometimes happens if it's a particularly rowdy evening), but given that you were in that tavern very recently and saw no need for such a delivery, your suspicion is piqued.

The fact the men do not spare you a glance as you start to move past them on the other side of the street is strange, but the fact they are so quiet is what concerns you the most. Anyone out at this hour, in this sort of weather, should either be complaining and muttering or too drunk to care. (You've observed volunteers from the Brewers Guild who do these sorts of errands on more than one occasion. They're rarely the sober and sour sort of fellows these four appear to be.) Also, why not light the torches if they bother carrying them in the first place?

The light of an overhanging lantern beside a doorstep reveals the kegs lack the usual brand burned into the lids by the Brewers Guild. Ubayullah Zaide, the owner of said tavern, has a longstanding contract with the Guild so the odds he'd be taking orders from another source is slim. Given these facts, a smuggler like yourself should expect to have a bad feeling in these circumstances, and that is exactly what you get... so you look more closely for further clues. There are also hints these men carry melee weapons concealed beneath their cloaks.

[Aust: What do you do?]

DDS%20311%20Aust%20Thale%20Diagram.png~original

Aust stops for a moment, without dropping the wheelbarrow, and through his cloak takes stock of the group of figures moving in the rain. ~Clever. Shenanigans. ~

Call it smuggler’s intuition. Call it toting a dead body around. Call it sheer elven quasi-magical luck. These buggers across the street aimed to burn something down tonight. The rain was effective cover, and it would prevent un-controlled spread of a fire. Aust had contemplated a similar move on one of the other smuggling houses once. Jabbar summarily killed the idea for a number of reasons, but not the least of which that it wasn’t raining. Any fire in the city was a risk to all. Something that nearly everybody agreed upon: don’t burn the place down.

Thoughts go to Shaba and the others at Jabbar’s and his home. He looks down into the wheelbarrow.
~ A risk. ~

And the idea forms. He’s winging it, and he knows it. A lot of intelligence but not as much wisdom.
~ Who is the bigger fool who takes the lesser risk? ~

He pauses briefly, allowing the group to pass behind him slightly. He turns left into their previous path, headed to the northeast corner of the building just south of their path. He doesn't bother to hide his movement.
He doesn't advertise it, but he doesn't hide it either.
~ Pay attention you oafs. Pause just long enough. Just curious enough. ~

As he is crossing the street, he aims for that northeast corner. Were it not raining, he'd have the faintest glimpse of the sewer entrance on the west side of the southern guard-tower. Upon reaching it, he discards the wheelbarrow at the corner of it, casting both wheelbarrow and body half in/half out of the building shadow.
~ Wonder if they can spare a drink. ~

Gathering his voice, feigning a late-night drunk, he belts out loudly in Caishian, " Hail there, you blokes! You dropped something." If they do not answer, he repeats the query in Common, either way hoping that at least one of them pauses. Regardless of whether or not he is successful in drawing their attention, and regardless of whether he receives any action on their part, he loudly proclaims (again feigning drunk but a sense of panic as well), "What the HELL is this?!?!" He moves to the northwest corner of the building adjacent to where he dumped the wheelbarrow. [this is the building west of T7]

"Murder! MURDER! Guards, a CRIME!!! A MURDER!!" Pointing at the group, "They have KILLED someone!!"
Assuming they react to Aust's accusations, he waits a moment for that reaction, however, either way, he moves toward them at a quick walk, careful to keep his cloak on his head to conceal his visage, hurling similar verbal assaults directly until he reaches the northeast corner of the building [west of T7], where he stops and screams loudly toward the guardhouse, "MURDER! These four are MURDERERS!! ALARM!!!"

Aust wants them in the open where even in the rain the guardhouse can sense where they are, and if they don't think and come for him, they will be in the open. If they do think, they will disburse. Either way, he will wait a moment to test the guards' response, ready to dart away (depending on the path of the foursome ahead of him).
His intent will be to follow them if they panic and run away east or north, or run south away from them and toward the guards, hoping to draw them into a fight against the guards in the open (depending on whether they attempt to engage him).

~ The upside of fear. Have a good evening, murderers. At least some good came from the were-rat/girl's demise. ~

[I will await your reply to continue Aust's actions; this could go any number of ways. North/South/East/West are based on your orientation of the main map with North being up.]

narayan

Explorer
Aust, Avar, Billanverthorne, Burrai, Elloral, Ersun, Jabbar, Ren

Quick thoughts run through Ersun's mind. Well, he couldn't have been the only one to overhear that. Second, he could cast a color spray, but that is easy enough to shrug off. Third, it might not be his place to start casting spells wildly just as he arrived. Fourth, He is almost sure someone else who's overheard the whispers won't be able to keep himself from giving it away. So he does not react, just listens carefully for sounds of the invisible person in case things escalate somehow.

Jabbar gives a subtle look and a shake of his head to both Avar and Billanverthorne at Burrai's comment to Elloral so they don't overreact.

Jabbar: Peers into the area Burrai mentioned, but fails to see the invisible watcher. (Spot Check: = 16) "YOU'LL GET NO MORE FROM US! SHOW YOURSELF!" He shouts with frustration.

Immediately the guards atop the wall (who responded to Burrai's skirmish earlier) move over at this new outburst, giving cause to Jabbar's call for restraint. (There are clearly too many guards about to be doing anymore fighting. Calling the guards over to observe also prevents anymore attacks against you.)

The lurker dispels his invisibility moments before the guards are in view, stepping towards you with hands hidden within the sleeves of his cloak, revealing himself to be the same Akhenaten man who was eavesdropping on Burrai and Elloral earlier within the inn. Ren and Jabbar both sigh with recognition and unease.

Jabbar: Lowers his voice to a conversational tone to keep the guards calm. (They are out of hearing range of course) -Speaking Common- "...Vadik, I should have known it would be you."

Vadik is approximately 5'9" with nondescript akhenaten garb and a cloak soaked by the rain. His expression is something between a smirk and a sneer, the sort of face that's easy to hate with how obviously he takes pleasure in the displeasure of others. His black hair is thin and receding over a hooked and disjointed nose with eyes that never seem to sit perfectly still in their sockets, always sliding around taking in every detail.

Vadik: Shrugs -Speaking Common- "I do my best, no offense to the dwarf! I asked Kong's goons to spare him but it seems there was no need!" He comments with a dry chuckle.

Ren: Stares hatefully at Vadik and hisses "Traitor!" as he tenses and crouches low in the presence of a predator like a common animal will do.

Vadik: Flicks his eyes towards the Rhat, answering with a dismissive tone- "Calm yourself Ren."

Jabbar: Continues "You serve Noro now last I heard? What does a stooge of the thieves' guild enforcer want with us?"

Vadik: Glances at the pair of dwarves "Noro wishes to meet the mighty Burrai Steelborn and his traveling companion."

Elloral: Glares "A lie! If that was all you wanted you'd have introduced yourself instead of eavesdropping all this time!"

Vadik: Shrugs "I make no excuses for my behavior as a procurer of information. A man of my profession is only as valuable as his secrets, as my employer often warns me."

Ren: Spits "Your tongue is as false as your allegiance! You chose Noro over Guildmaster Rasus!"

Vadik: "Guildmaster Rasus is close to retirement with one leg in the grave. My decision to leave his service wasn't personal."

Ren: Growls "It was betrayal, plain and simple!"

Vadik: Rolls his eyes. "Now is not the time and place little Rhat. Rasus can't protect you anymore. Very soon now, these streets will belong to Noro!" He says with a wicked gleam in his eye.

Jabbar: Hmphs. "I sense something amiss here Vadik? Your young lady accomplice is Neferese. Kong is Neferese. How do we know, given your reputation, that you still serve Noro and not Kong?"

Vadik's matter-of-fact attitude starts to shift into panic at the mention of his accomplice. He pauses for a moment, swallowing as all eyes are on him, thinking of words to explain when suddenly there is shouting in the dark about murder near Jabbars shop and the Fools Gold Tavern!

Jabbar: shares a look with Avar and exclaims "Aust!"

Meanwhile the guards on the wall, already antsy and suspicious... consider those faint, incoherent shouts to be the last straw and raise their horn into the air to summon the Vulkyrie!

[Billanverthorne, Burrai, Ersun: What do you do? It may be possible to fire arrows up at the guards to prevent them from blowing their horn, if you win initiative against them, but such an action will endanger all of you and be borderline evil since the guards are effectively innocent bystanders.]

Moments Ago_________________________________

Aust stops for a moment, without dropping the wheelbarrow, and through his cloak takes stock of the group of figures moving in the rain. ~Clever. Shenanigans. ~

Call it smuggler’s intuition. Call it toting a dead body around. Call it sheer elven quasi-magical luck. These buggers across the street aimed to burn something down tonight. The rain was effective cover, and it would prevent un-controlled spread of a fire. Aust had contemplated a similar move on one of the other smuggling houses once. Jabbar summarily killed the idea for a number of reasons, but not the least of which that it wasn’t raining. Any fire in the city was a risk to all. Something that nearly everybody agreed upon: don’t burn the place down.

He pauses briefly, allowing the group to pass behind him slightly. He turns left into their previous path, headed to the northeast corner of the building just south of their path. He doesn't bother to hide his movement.
He doesn't advertise it, but he doesn't hide it either.
~ Pay attention you oafs. Pause just long enough. Just curious enough. ~

As he is crossing the street, he aims for that northeast corner. Were it not raining, he'd have the faintest glimpse of the sewer entrance on the west side of the southern guard-tower. Upon reaching it, he discards the wheelbarrow at the corner of it, casting both wheelbarrow and body half in/half out of the building shadow.
~ Wonder if they can spare a drink. ~

Gathering his voice, feigning a late-night drunk, he belts out loudly in Caishian, "Hail there, you blokes! You dropped something." If they do not answer, he repeats the query in Common, either way hoping that at least one of them pauses.

The four men do indeed take note of your drunken shout (responding when you speak common, not Caishian), glancing back with dangerous stares. They clearly do not want to attract attention which only encourages you to do your best to spoil their plans.

Loudly proclaims (again feigning drunk but a sense of panic as well), "What the HELL is this?!?!" He moves to the northwest corner of the building adjacent to where he dumped the wheelbarrow. [this is the building west of T7]

"Murder! MURDER! Guards, a CRIME!!! A MURDER!!" Pointing at the group, "They have KILLED someone!!"

The men pause in their steps as you shout accusations towards them, reaching for weapons, turning on their heels; perhaps hoping to silence you quickly? However, the sound of your shout attracts attention from a bouncer employed by the Fools Gold tavern. The sound of that heavy door opening freezes them in place.

Assuming they react to Aust's accusations, he waits a moment for that reaction, however, either way, he moves toward them at a quick walk, careful to keep his cloak on his head to conceal his visage, hurling similar verbal assaults directly until he reaches the northeast corner of the building [west of T7], where he stops and screams loudly toward the guardhouse, "MURDER! These four are MURDERERS!! ALARM!!!"

Thinking better of rushing you the four men opt to drop their barrels and bolt away, headed north-west...

Aust wants them in the open where even in the rain the guardhouse can sense where they are, and if they don't think and come for him, they will be in the open. If they do think, they will disburse. Either way, he will wait a moment to test the guards' response, ready to dart away (depending on the path of the foursome ahead of him).

His intent will be to follow them if they panic and run away east or north, or run south away from them and toward the guards, hoping to draw them into a fight against the guards in the open (depending on whether they attempt to engage him).

[Aust Thale: Knowing the response of the town guard they way you do, there should be be guards converging on your position within 1-3 rounds. If you intend to follow the men, you will need to make Hide and Move Silently Checks. Please specify if you wish to avoid the attention of the guards in your pursuit of these men?]

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Bill Is getting nervous...

[color="0000"] Bill turns to Jabbar, purposely facing away from Vadik, and says, in a low whisper,[/color]"Aust? Who is Aust? And why is he shouting? Should we help him? I'm with you, whatever the case may be, but if you intend to flee, it should probably be quick, before the Vul are summoned."

~That's the weasel who was with the Nefarese woman, spying on Burrai. I don't trust him. I'll need to watch him closely. At the first sign of treachery, my stealthy little friend, I'm going to end you.~

narayan

Explorer
Alic, Bax, Ordechai, Svexyn, Wrenwil

Thoughts still racing, Svexyn glances about, looking at the turmoil and flames. Peering towards where he saw the armored knight and the treacherous Drassus, he spies figures nearby.

~ I am too close to stop now... Folg... Mogan... Asusk... All gone...~

Looking down, his palm opens up to reveal the coin.

~ Qiang sent me here for a reason... he trusted me... it's time to fight back... Time to get some allies...~

He looks about at the flames and ashes, searching for anything that can still be used. He searches for his chain, hopefully strong enough to withstand these fires, along with his other gear. He doesn't speak, as anger builds up within him.

[sblock=Notes]No idea what current HP is at, or what gear is left to gather.[/sblock]

With the weighty pack again riding the old cleric's shoulders, Wrenwil returned to the foul crime scene, narrowly missing out on the tail of conversation between his two colleagues.

What an absurd and rotten couple of days it had been since setting foot on this tainted dusty land. It showed on Wrenwil's face, dark lines telling of insomnia and a mind overburdened with concern. Paranoia was setting in, growing and spreading its tentacles like a mythical beast. Yes, it had dawned on Wrenwil that perhaps the granting of Kryslogious' "autonomy", had been a poor move. A decision that could one day lead to songs and tales of The Aged Fool Who Lost Our War...

Out there... somewhere close, the Knight would no doubt have to make a choice, a choice with consequences Wrenwil could barely wish to guess.

~At least I have the Tome,~ he told himself, consoling his fearful and rapidly thundering heart. ~No doubt his new friends will have need of it.~

Standing in the open, yet feeling as trapped as an arrow-fixed hare, Wrenwil began to consider a next move, a way out of this, an escape plan.

It wasn't to be. Yet again, Pentos placed duty on the old man's path, another action which could have repercussions dark or true.

"Survivor!" Wrenwil said to his friends with surprise, pointing his staff into the death-zone at a dust and blood covered man. It was impossible to believe, but it seemed the fellow was painfully scouring the earth, hunting for all he had lost except his soul.

Wrenwil spat another lump of soot-congealed phlegm from his lips, and approached the man quickly.

"Be still fair warrior," he said, placing his hand against Svexyn's shoulder.

"Pentos, O Lord of Judgement,
may you see fit to nurture this soul?
In your great name I call,
if the path he has trodden is to your ends,
then I wish unburden this man's toll."

[If Pentos is pleased and Svexyn permits (assuming no touch attack is required), Wrenwil is casting Cure Moderate Wounds for 8HP]

[Svexyn: Wrenwills touch heals you 8hp's, adjust your sheet accordingly]

Alic and Ordechai rush behind Wrenwil to stand beside the wounded Caishian in awe of his survival.

Alic: ”By the gods!"

Ordechai: ”Tough little man aren’t you?!”

Svexyn: You can hear and see the others approach, you can feel Wrenwills touch, but something is different... the physical world around you blurs and time itself appears to still. Suddenly there is only your heart beat and the experience of a waking dream. You find yourself within burried ruins somewhere beneath the sands in this region of the Aluja Expanse. Somehow you know that, just as you recognize the deep voice that echoes in your mind is a dragons.

"I am Bet'shava, sleeping terror of the Aluja Expanse. I am dissapointed in you Svexyn, you let yourself be deceived by the Quresh! Same as Ju-Long before you... Typical! Men are so weak and near-sighted..."

There is a rumble in the earth, a shower of dust from the overhanging arches as the great dragons bulk stirs at the edge of your sight. She is restless as she speaks again.

"Zu has dained to save you, as you have come too far to die so soon, haven't you Svexyn? I have watched your progress into my domain; heard and seen things through your senses. Zu himself is greatly disturbed by rumors of this so-called VulDrake that attacked Masaeus. Such a creature is an abomination to his bloodline!"

Bet'shavas words hurt your ears as they whoosh around you, sending tremors through the ground, shaking the ancient stone pillars.

"It is likely I must cease my centuries of slumber and dispach this creature myself! Once more there may be a call to war for dragonkind, as has not been seen in several thousand years! The third age of man may be its last if you do not deal with the unnatural evils in your midst. The spawn of Angul are spreading across the seas, demons raise armies in former mountain halls of the dwarves, dark elves plot below to conquer the surface, its all so bothersome..."

A great wind almost takes you off your feet as Bet'shava sighs.

"We empower your kind, the shamans, to ease the burden for us. DO MORE! DO BETTER! OR SEE YOURSELVES DESTROYED!" She roars unleashing a breathweapon of sonic/wind energy so powerful it whips the surrounding grit through the cavern so fast it strips the flesh from your bones an instant before the resonance itself shatters them into dust!"

...thankfully it is just a vision as you snap back to your senses.

[Svexyn: Give yourself a bonus fate point for experiencing this vision. What do you do?]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn

Svexyn's grip on his coin is almost to the point of breaking his skin, as the healing washes over him at the same time his vision clears. His breath is exhaled, as he realizes he must have been holding it in for that whole time in his vision. As he looks up, he recognizes the old mean; a healer from the group before.

With a whisper, Svexyn nods quietly at the healer, a silent thanks for the blessing. "You can save your healing for now... don't waste them yet.."

Adding quietly, "The age of mankind is nearing it's end... Angul spawn spread across the seas.. the old halls of the mountains of dwarves now hold armies raised by demons.. dark elves plot to take over the world.. It has been seen, and noted, and we must change these terrors... This has been foretold by the slumbering giant beneath the sands."

Looking up at the older man, he half asks, and half states the obvious, "Alone, we will fail... the Quresh are deceiving.. The ambush was done by that damned assassin Drassus and his Hobgoblin Assassins along with the Dire Jackals. The others weren't as lucky, if you call it luck, as I was..."

He grips his spiked chain, wrapping it around his forearm as he looks around quickly. "I have been warned of what would come, if we don't stop this VulDrake, the demons, the Angul spawn, and the dark elves. Alone, we will fall. Together, we stand a chance."

He glances at the remains of his companions, adding, "Some will not make this journey... but none will succeed if we don't try... who will stand and fight, and who will hide?"

Standing tall, he exits the wreckage, walking towards the direction that the healer came from and the others stand. "They killed my friends. Drassus. His hobgoblin assassins. The dire jackals. They will all die..."

Hillsy7

First Post
Burrai Steelborn

As the Rhat, Jabbar, and the akhenaten called Vadik exchanged heated, quiet words. Burrai slowly put his shield back in it's clasp. He'd intended to hurl it at the figure, hoping to stun him long enough to aprehend him. Instead he watched the barbed volleys of spiteful, angry words with growing frustration. The morning's dealings with Rol, then the protracted dealings with the Devils, Kong....and now THIS?! Was every little wretch with a scrap of power in this town going to cross his path tonight of all nights? If Thoril Oakhill's malevolent diary warped fate like this, Burrai was almost tempted to throw the damn thing down the nearest abandoned mine and be done with it. Instead he folded his arm, keeping his hands from the pommel of his axe.

He knew enough of Noro to surmise his type from Vadik's words: An opportunist who'd found that through manipulation and backstabbing he could further his own aims. And now when he was reaching the limits of power he could wring from his position, continued to do the same regardless. A meeting with Burrai Steelborn? Requested at the end of a blunt weapon like Kong? He snorted, a sound like a ripping sheet. And still they argued...

Tellerian Hawke said:
"MURDER! These four are MURDERERS!! ALARM!!!"
As Burrai watched, a mix of acceptance and horror dropping down through his stomach, as the guard twitched and started on the wall above, lifting and lowering his curved horn to his lips. At any minute the alarm was going to be raised, and the streets would be under the savage gaze of the Vulkyre.

Tellerian Hawke said:
"Aust? Who is Aust? And why is he shouting? Should we help him? I'm with you, whatever the case may be, but if you intend to flee, it should probably be quick, before the Vul are summoned."

Something in Burrai clicked into place, that old soldier's habit of sensing when action was preferable to waiting for wise men to make correct decisions too late. He stepped between the three men arguing, taut and purposeful as though his axe was in his hands. Instead of drawing he stood before Vadik, reached up and grabbed his collar in one hand. With the relentless force of a well crafted ratchet, he pulled the man's face down to meet his. Burrai regarded him with his scarred eye, a black pearl, cold and hard, peering out from the felshy folds of his healed wound.

"Vadik, is it? Well, Noro could have carved an invite into Kong's arse and had him turn up here naked to deliver it, and I'd still not answer. You've got about five seconds to crawl back into whatever crack you live in, or the Vul will need a mop and bucket to bury you. Get lost." Burrai didn't push him away, simply released this iron grip. [SBLOCK="Intimidate"]Intimidate Check (+8)=21[/SBLOCK]

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases