Need for AL-specific rulings of CoS

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
That's why I was so happy to see the chart in CoS that listed what the APL for each chapter should be. To make my life easier this season, I included that APL on each of the tabs I put in my book.

That's an excellent idea; I may steal it for my own prep.

--
Pauper

Ainulindalion

First Post
One other thing. pg 91, under the heading Crypt 30, subheading Treasure: There is an item which, as described in the DMG, can be 'any sword'.

I don't know if AL wants to rule for consistency on what type of sword it is, or not. Personally, I'd say no, but I always appreciate the ability to customize.

kalani

First Post
I think you got your pages mixed up. Crypt 30 on p91 lists a holy symbol. It is crypt 29 that has the sword. I will mention it to the admins

Response: Alan Patrick Unless a significant reason is presented, I don't think it's really worth nailing down a 'type' - I'm much more in favor of the mystery and majesty of magical items being seen here. Besides, it's a [redacted]. The user should be able to have not only the extreme luck of finding a weapon that's awesome, but that is also their favorite type of sword:)

Last edited:

xanstin

Explorer
So as far as AL is concerned if running with the Werewolves in the Mists hook which references Adventurers League Factions, what does the letter of recommendation (Lords' Alliance) or Special Favor (Zhentarim) mean for AL play?

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
For the moment, it doesn't mean anything, though a player could certainly accept the reward as 'flavor' and role-play accordingly.

It's likely that some guidance will be provided later in the season, but for now, just roll with it.

--
Pauper

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases