Captain America: Civil War (trailer with 100% more Spider-Man)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The best trailer for this film so far. The conflict between Cap and Stark feels more real than the one between Bats and Sups.

[video=youtube;dKrVegVI0Us]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us[/video]

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I am not sure I am in love with it.

Might be this long run of super hero movies, or the premise of the civil war bugs me. I am not sure.

That Spiderman *cough* Spiderboy *cough* though. Not sure I like the young 15 year old approach.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That Spiderman *cough* Spiderboy *cough* though. Not sure I like the young 15 year old approach.

Canonically, he gets his powers while in high school, when he's 15. Note that this origin was devised in the 1960s.

Though at the time teenage superheroes were usually given names ending with "boy", Lee says he chose "Spider-Man" because he wanted the character to age as the series progressed, and moreover felt the name "Spider-Boy" would have made the character sound inferior to other superheroes.

"I became a Spiderman when I was fifteen. That is why I always look fifteen.

In those days, of course, life was tough for a fifteen-year-old."

Just rewatched The Winter Soldier, and it’s interesting to see some of the hints and foreshadowing of Civil War.

Canonically, he gets his powers while in high school, when he's 15. Note that this origin was devised in the 1960s.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just rewatched The Winter Soldier, and it’s interesting to see some of the hints and foreshadowing of Civil War.

And in Age of Ultron: "Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die."

Cap seems to be set up as the, "Innocent until proven guilty," guy, and Stark as, "Get them before they get us."

Ryujin

Legend
And in Age of Ultron: "Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die."

Cap seems to be set up as the, "Innocent until proven guilty," guy, and Stark as, "Get them before they get us."

Cap always was the big boyscout who believed in the American ideal, rather than the American reality. He was about striving to be that ideal. Straight up; no irony.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Cap always was the big boyscout who believed in the American ideal, rather than the American reality. He was about striving to be that ideal. Straight up; no irony.

Yep. If you ever wanted to know what the right moral stance to take on a subject was, you'd look at Cap.

His stance, however, is often not at all *easy* or *safe*...

Remove ads