New DM Quest Rewards available on DM's Guild

The quests look simple enough for most DMs to accomplish a large percentage of them.

Although there does seem to be a file missing. The Initiate quest references the Curse of Strahd DMs Packet being on DMsG, but I don't see it there as of this post. I would imagine that it's probably in the process of being uploaded right now, so that's not a major concern.

I also noticed that two of the quests don't have listed rewards: Ritual of Scrying and First Timer. I assume that this was a typo, as the rest of the document uses the word "None" where there are no rewards to be obtained.

Also, I think we could probably use a little guidance as to the start date for completing quests. Even though this just came out today, I would assume that any quests that you have completed since the start of the season (March 4th) should count.

EDIT: When it says that you can obtain a magic item that is tier-appropriate, can it be of a lower rarity than what's listed for your tier? For example, would I only be allowed to give Rare items to my Tier 2 character, or could I give Uncommon items as well?

Last edited:

flametitan

Explorer
Assuming you have the ability to do everything that gains a fixed amount of XP either to the maximum allowed times, or three times for unlimited ones:

You'd get 158100 XP., or enough to jump a level 1 character to level 14, almost level 15.

I'd say that's worth it.

xanstin

Explorer
Yeah the rewards are great, I am pleasantly surprised. I only get to play once in a blue moon instead of DM, and this option now ensures I can have a PC at different tiers to play in the modules I want to instead of being limited. The magic items now close that gap in using DM credit to get to higher levels.

NeverLucky

First Post
Wow. I've been annoyed by a lot of the AL changes lately, but this is just excellent. I love the incentive structure here, and it makes me excited to DM again. I now want to run all of the DDALs and the hardcover for season 4, whereas before I strongly considered not running a single DDAL and sticking to older season expeditions. Excellent program, and kudos to the admins for making such an awesome change to AL.

Steve_MND

First Post
I'm of... mixed feelings about the way they've decided to set this all up, so i'll have to see how some of this stuff works out. That said, however, after seeing some of this stuff, I'm pleased that I decided to run all the Season 4 stuff for my local group, seeing as I have zero interest in playing in Ravenloft.

Anthraxus

Explorer
I hope this helps at the local game stores where they are having lots of players join in, but not so much luck getting DM volunteers!

Ainulindalion

First Post
Simply running the entire Curse of Strahd Hardcover at a single store is worth:
26200 XP
Potion of Healing
1 Common PH Scroll or Potion of Healing
1 Uncommon PH Scroll or Potion of Greater Healing
3 Magic Items from the story (Any 2 VRare or less (dependent on character), 1 Rare)
1 Renown for each character

Plus DM XP, GP, and DTD for each session you ran (which should come to about 16k, in theory)

Which leaves you with an approximately lvl 8.5 character with 3 magic items of your choice compared to the level 9/10 characters your players will likely have with about 4 or 5 magic items each.

And that is, as they say, that.

Remove ads