Slivers are evil, Slivers are sly....

Krishnath

First Post
...And if a sliver eats you, then no-one will cry... :p

Anyways, thought it was time to start posting the second generation of slivers (those from Legions if you are a M:TG geek like me)

Anyways, here is the first one, the Crypt Sliver! (comments and constructive critizism is welcomed.)

-

Crypt Sliver
Medium-Size Undead (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
2d12 (13 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 30', Climb 30'
AC: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
Attacks: Claw +4 melee and bite -1 melee, slam +4 melee,
Damage: Claw 1d4+3, bite 1d6+1, slam 1d4+4
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Sliver traits, Undead, Turn Resistance +2,
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +4
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 13, Con --, Int 4, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +13 (+8), Jump +6, Listen +6 (+2), Spot +6 (+2), Swim +6,
Feats: Alertness,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 3-6 HD (Medium-Size)

'The experiments continue, with mixed results. Yesterday I bombarded one of the holding cells with negative energy and the results where astounding. Roughly half of the proto-slivers died within moments, while the other half entered their hibernation phase. A few moments later, the hibernating slivers unfolded. To my amazement, these new slivers are all undead, showing traits similar to those of zombies, although these new 'crypt' slivers are not as slow and stiff as zombies. My patron will be pleased with the results.' - Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

Crypt Slivers are a form of undead slivers that is the result of proto-slivers being exposed to extensive amounts of negative energy.
They resemble regular slivers, but are covered in black oily skin and have bloated features. Crypt slivers are usually about 6' in length.
Despite being undead, they are an accepted part of sliver society, although they are not able to hibernate and evolve into more powerful forms. They are generally used as sentries, and as weapons against foes that employ weapons and spells that are unaffective against undead, such as Cloudkill. They are also used in areas that are lethal to other slivers.

Combat:
Crypt slivers fight much like other slivers by flailing away with their claw and biting with their beaked mouthes. In addition to these two attack forms, they are able to make effective slam attacks with their bodies.
Sliver (Ex): A crypt sliver is a sliver, and thus is affected by the shared abilities of other slivers.
Undead: Crypt Slivers are immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromantic effects, and any effect that requires a fortitude save unless it also works on objects. It is not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, or death from massive damage. Crypt Slivers cannot be raised or ressurected.

-

Wll what do you think?

Later,

blackshirt5

First Post
Dude, that's awesome.

When you're all done with the slivers do you think you could send them all to me in a word or PDF file, for ease of reference?

Wolf72

Explorer
What do I think? ... that was fantastic ... I mean in a really creepy creepy way.

fluff all yours or some M:tG + you?

is there a story line site somewhere to follow for Magic? ... Like a nice online summary type of thing?

Krishnath

First Post
Blackshirt: No, sorry, but I don't want to risk any copyright issues with WotC/Hasbro.

Wolf72: So far, all have been from M:TG, if you want a good online source of magic there are two places that come to mind:

http://www.magicthegathering.com (official site)

http://www.mtgnews.com (largest fan site, you can usually find me there under the name Draco, yes, *THAT* draco).

I would have recommended Phyrexia.com for the story line, but it's been pretty dead since the exodus following Sephinroth's nuking of it's boards.

Mr. Raets: Well, it's nice to see a fellow mtg gamer on these boards...

-

Anyone else have a comment, or two?

Ashardalon

First Post
No shared ability? I admit, it would be a bit strange, but I'm missing it.

Krishnath said:
(largest fan site, you can usually find me there under the name Draco, yes, *THAT* draco).

Wait a minute, WHICH Draco? Not the Dragonheart Draco, right!?

Krishnath

First Post
Ashardalon: No, the M:TG Draco, I am so far the only M:TG fan to get a card named after my screen name, this was due to being a 'storyline guru' over at phyrexia, two other 'guru' from that place got mentioned in the M:TG novels, one of which (Jaya) got quite a big part. But that was before Sephinroth blew up the phyrexian forums... *Sigh* those where the days...

Krishnath

First Post
He pestered the admins until they made him a admin, then he simply did as his Final Fantasy namesake and nuked the boards, the carnage was horrific (and not in a good way).

Remove ads