Slivers are evil, Slivers are sly....

blackshirt5

First Post
Well, mine is a bit different than normal D&D; it's got a combination of space travel(a la Dragonstar and Spelljammer), so I can see the Slivers evolving in Deep Space, just now coming to the Near Realms.

Krishnath

First Post
Actually the exact origins of the slivers was not disclosed in M:TG, but they where first encountered on the Demi-Plane of Rath, which in itself was a phyrexian creation. But wether or not the slivers come from that plane originally, no-one knows.

Krishnath

First Post
Another Wednesday, Another Sliver

Blade Sliver
Medium-Sized Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice:
4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: 2 Claws +6 melee and bite +1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+2, Bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: Augmented Criticals,
Special Qualities: Sliver, Shared Traits.
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10
Skills: Balance +6, Climb +14 (+8), Jump +6, Listen +8 (+2), Spot +8 (+2), Swim +6,
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

'I just got an addition to my parameter defenses, my patron was kind enough to send me some new guard dogs. These blade slivers are highly agressive, and armed with addition weaponry compared to other slivers. I am certain that they will prevent further incursion into my laboratory by those pesky adventurers that the druids continue to send.' - Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

Blade Slivers are named after the metallic blades they have at the end of their claws.
Blade slivers look much like normal slivers, but have one additional claw. The sliver is the color of terracotta. It's claws end in metallic blades. The Blade Sliver is usually around 7'2'' in length.

Combat:
Blade Slivers are highly aggressive, and is usually employed as guard dogs or shock troops by their hives. They are relentless combatants that never shy away from combat, not leaving the fray before either their opponents or they themselves are dead. This leads them to sometimes be used as a delaying tactic until more powerful slivers can join combat.
Augmented Criticals (Ex): The natural weapons of the blade sliver scores a threat on a natural roll of 18-20, dealing tripple damage on a successfull critical.
Shared Traits (Ex): All slivers within 60' of the blade sliver gain access to the blade slivers Augmented Criticals special quality.

-

Comment's and critizism is welcomed and wanted, tell me what you think :D

Rakhamon

First Post
Hey Krisnath
Been lurking around here for a long time looking at random stuff. Just wanted to tell you cool job on the Slivers.

You're from Gothenburg huh? I live in Stockholm myself... Small world.

Dunno if you know, but I've been involved in a long-term project to create a Dominaria setting for d20 (but with quite a few changes from the "normal" D&D rules) over at the wizards.com boards. I had to back out due to real life concerns, but the projects still going... Just thought you should know you aren't the only M:tg fan converting to D&D :D

Rakhamon

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Rakhamon said:
Dunno if you know, but I've been involved in a long-term project to create a Dominaria setting for d20 (but with quite a few changes from the "normal" D&D rules) over at the wizards.com boards. I had to back out due to real life concerns, but the projects still going... Just thought you should know you aren't the only M:tg fan converting to D&D :D

Yeah. There's also Dusk by Micheal Morris, hosted here. And I'm trying to find a conversion process for Artifact Cards.

Krishnath

First Post
Rakhamon: Oh, I know, It's just that I prefer myown conversions of M:TG creatures (Has to do with me sufferring from Megalomania... Nothing serious though. :D), but I have to ask, who do you convert the magic system to be mana based without overpowering low-level spellcasters?

Robbert Raets: it's not hard to do Artifact creatures become constructs, while non-creature artifacts become magical items. :D It's easy to do if you do it 'free hand'. Some of them can also be done simply by changing the name of an existing magical item. A Ring of Shooting Stars for example would make an excellent Aladdin's Ring. :D

Rakhamon

First Post
Krisnath: We have been aware of your conversions also, of course, but we prefer to do our own (megalomania, you know... :cool: ). Still, as I said, I like 'em.

Oh, a question! I haven't done any work on Dominaria d20 for nigh unto 1,5 months now, but what we discussed was this. When you start out as a mage (spellcaster, whatever) you have the ability to connect to so-and-so many lands, which will enable you to channel so-and-so many mana points (in fact, we wanted to use mana points for lots of classes, for various magical abilities, but I digress). Then you use those mana points to prepare what spells you want for the day (thus simulating that you have certain fixed "cards" you can cast). Spells still have levels, to ensure that nothing too powerful gets into the hands of a low-level caster. Also, since spells are available only if you are able to manipulate the right color of mana (like the old Tom Cruise flick, Color of Mana ) low-level casters would also be limited to certain colors (which is roughly like shools, as all M:tG players know). You can take additional colors as you grow more powerful by taking special feats.

As I said, it has not been properly developed yet, but I feel it's a good idea worth some merit.

Robert Raets: On artifacts, if you want to use them in a standard D&D setting they can often be based on existing items. Artifact creatures are a bit trickier, of course, and must be created using standard monster creating guidelines. In our alternate rules for Dom d20, some artifacts require the controller to "feed" the thing with mana in order to make it work (for example, a non-epic mage wanting to animate the Colossus of Sardia would have to excercise considerable concentration and willpower to animate that huge artifact).

Anyhoo, keep up the converting!

Rakhamon

Krishnath

First Post
Rakhamon: I see, What would the difference be between mages, clerics, and druids then? Other that what color(s) they specialize in? or are there non?

Let's see:

White - Cleric
Blue - Wizard
Black - Necromancer
Red - Sorcerer/Thaumaturgist/
Green - Druid

Is this correct?

Rakhamon

First Post
BIG controversy (filled up quite a few posts). I think the consensus ended up being that a cleric is just a white mage who's devoted to a philosophy (rather than devoted to furthering their own goals). Since the "gods" of Dominia have shown themselves to be quite different than D&D gods, the D&D Cleric class is hard to apply. Also, stuff like Turning undead (which I cannot remember being used in the CCG or the novels) would not work, which would make the undead of the setting a bit more menacing.

You have pretty much nailed the color/class affiliations (though there are those that wish to have only one spellcasting class, and make all these specilalizations).

Rakhamon

Remove ads