GenConEurope this weekend!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I have decided that along with my copy of Thud, I shall be taking my large blue and white felt top hat style piece of headgear type thing. It should be fairly noticeable.

Ferret

Explorer
Where in europe?

Cast wish:Gencon:~ Devon

Edit[Seen the site, It's in londen, great it'd be over by the time I could get there!]

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I might see someof you tomorrow, I just bought the train tickets, I'll be going on Saturday and Sunday.

See some of you in S'mon's game, I'll probably notice Tallarn or Maldur on saturday since I have met them once before.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I went... and I came back, all in one day!

My first Gen Con UK, I was shocked at just how much smaller than the US one it was. I knew it would be smaller, but not to the degree that it was. I was also under the impression that the Olympia was a bit nicer than it actually is.

However, I had a good time. Not many publishers there to chat to, unfortunately, but I was lucky enough to bump into a group of 5 or so EN Worlders led by Tallarn; we all went out for a very enjoyable meal together.

I may go back up on Sunday or Monday, time depending.

Cernunnos

First Post
If anybody snagged some of those RPGA cards for Legacy of the Green Regent and you don't want them, let me know... I'm trying to get some. I read somewhere that they'd be giving them away at GenCon Europe.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Well, I'm back.

Full write up in true Tallarn-Story-Hour fashion tomorrow, but safe to say I had a really nice time, met a few more ENworlders in the flesh, drank some beer, danced to Rocky Horror, played Zombies! twice, and hung out with some very nice people.

Oh, and found out that Morbidity is an Australian woman, which kind of threw me for a moment...:D...she'd never mentioned that in the Hivemind :)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Well, depending on when the next GenCon Europe is, I may just be there...going to be moving to Wales early next year. Going to be a hell of a move too...:)
Amstrerdam. It will be fun I guess, but (I am specualting here) it will be devoid of hardcore roleplayers I think. Most Dutch roleplayers are fairly so-and-so about their hobby, and are not very likely Con attendees. Miniature gamers? Sure. Magic players? Hell yeah! Roleplayers? Nice to see all 30 of you show up!

Of course, i could be completely wrong.

Remove ads