D&D 5E The Blade Lock- A Mini Guide.

Ovarwa

Explorer
If we're talking DPR, Paladin 2/Warlock 9/Paladin 11, no exceptions. It doesn't kill things, it overkills them. Unless you consider a 5th level slot giving you 5d8 to not be a mistake, in which case Fighter 1/Paladin 2/Warlock 7/Paladin 11/Fighter 2, Fighter optional.
Yeah, I also really like TomeX/PaladinY builds. Depending on what you want, there are great combinations at many stages from Tomelock7/Paladin13 (4th level spells from both classes, optimal slots for smiting RAW, always 1d8 smite) all the way to Tomelock14/Paladin6 (paladin saves and warlock lvl14 feature). Not the only great warlock, of course. (Warlock is a great multiclass, but scores low, I think, on classes to take 1..20, or even to almost-20.)

Maithu

First Post
I'm currently playing a Mountain Dwarf Warlock.
Gives me proficiency with medium armour and some decent weapon proficiencies as well.
Add in +2 to Strength and Constitution, and he makes a fairly decent Sword and Shield Warlock
15 Str, 10 Dex, 16 Con, 10 Int, 10 Wis, 15 Chr at level 1.
I might take a level in Fighter, just to get the heavy armour proficiency though. Haven't decided yet.

Zardnaar

Legend
Gives me proficiency with medium armour and some decent weapon proficiencies as well.
Add in +2 to Strength and Constitution, and he makes a fairly decent Sword and Shield Warlock
15 Str, 10 Dex, 16 Con, 10 Int, 10 Wis, 15 Chr at level 1.
I might take a level in Fighter, just to get the heavy armour proficiency though. Haven't decided yet.

Mountain Dwarf makes a good lots of classes especially if you use 4d6 and can get a 16+ charisma. Proficiency in con saves is very good and I would still go fighter 1/warlock XYZ with a Dwarf.

Last edited:

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Starting Barbarian is great for DEX Bladelocks, if you can cope with the MADness (13 str, 13 Cha, focus Dex and Con). Not only is unarmored defense nice should you need/want it, you also start with the most HP.

Sent from my SM-G935F using EN World mobile app

mellored

Legend
Neither mountain dwarfs nor warlocks get shields.

Remove ads