What the #%*+ are Forum XP?!

JohnnyNitro

First Post
I think the title says it all, friends. Been awarded XP twice now, and curious how much a i need to level up to a 2nd Level Forum--uh, Forumer, I guess??...

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I think the title says it all, friends. Been awarded XP twice now, and curious how much a i need to level up to a 2nd Level Forum--uh, Forumer, I guess??...

If you like someone's post, give him or her XP. If you think someone's post is funny, give him or her a Laugh. There is a ranking of forum posters for both given and received. Click the XP Statistics link near the top of the page. The more posts you make and XP you receive, the higher your level goes (e.g. Novice versus Grandfather of Assassins). There may be more to it, but that's what I know.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
1) As you'll learn from experience :) , this will probably be moved to the Meta forum.

2) Good question. Things like the amount of experience you currently have, and how much you need to "gain a level" are a little opaque. I think we're not supposed to worry about it too much (for fear of gaming the system.)

G

ghostofchristmaspast

It is a way for people to let others know if someone makes high quality posts or not.

mellored

Legend
2) Good question. Things like the amount of experience you currently have, and how much you need to "gain a level" are a little opaque. I think we're not supposed to worry about it too much (for fear of gaming the system.)
I think it's the same XP chart as an early version of D&D.

Not sure.

I have no idea how much XP or exactly how many posts are required to gain levels. Just award those posts you feel are worthy, give a laugh to posts you find funny, and others will do the same in return.

Oh and welcome to the forum. Have some n00b XP!

I cannot confirm this, but maybe if you subscribe to EN5ider you'll get more XP.

(You won't, and XP doesn't matter. But you should check out EN5ider anyway. *grin*)

Remove ads