D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

Kasimir's brow furrowed. One could almost see the cogs of his brain turning as he tried to piece together understanding of Mr Aldershot's comment. Finally, it comes together and Kasimir burst out in laughter. It is a strange and echoing sound in the fog but his mirth is genuine.

"Well, then, not dead. And safety, such as it is in this place." He nodded acceptance of Girri's suggestion to stick together. Looking over to Rufus he continued: "What reason? Beyond my ken." He shrugged.

[sblock=Kasimir’s Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Wrex

First Post
He still had misgivings about Farshid, but it was becoming obvious they were stuck in this predicament together. Perhaps more time would reveal if he was a murderer, or just addled. He looked back toward the town.

"I can tell when I am being herded. This mist seems unnatural. We either stumble blindly in the fog, or stumble blindly down the path. I for one prefer to see my attacker."

Yavathol

Explorer
"I'm not scared of any fog, but I know better than to stumble about blindly in the wilderness and risk twisting an ankle. Let us investigate the other buildings here for clues, and keep in mind we may need to hold a defensive position if the fog is hiding any creatures. "

[section]The geas chose that moment to reassert itself. Girri, who felt the words forming before she could utter them, closed her eyes in frustration as she spoke. "I want to find an authority figure for this place. There's got to be a sheriff or a mayor or a meisterburger somewhere around here. That's the person we want. The jail's been set fire to," she glanced at Farshid, "though no one was in there when we left. If nothing else, we ought by rights to report the fire. And other oddities we've seen this morning." Having said her piece, she stopped talking, and was relieved to find the bands of tension across her chest lessened. [/section]

[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"There is a path before us, and no better plan than to follow it," offers Mr. Aldershot. "At least this way, we have a reasonable chance of being able to retrace our journey should it prove, um." He looks embarrassed. "Inhospitable, shall we say?"

He twirls the small stick in his hand, and heads down the path.

"Oi!" Girri called after Mr. Aldershot. "Where you going, sir?! Wait up!" She hurried after the Halfling, who set a brisk pace down the path. The town would keep. For now.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Mr Aldershot waits for Girri, and the others, to follow.

If anyone wishes to investigate the town, of course he will oblige.

industrygothica

Adventurer
As Mr. Aldershot and Girri step further down the path, the fog thickens over the town, completely obscuring any sign of its existence. The eyes seem to have disappeared into the thickening mist, and Girri can again see faintly humanoid shapes swirling in the mist, dancing to a silent tune.

Remove ads