D&D 5E Curse of Strahd - Death House

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

"Kasimir," said the mud-splattered warrior curtly in response to the woman. Lady Girri, according to the supposed diabolist but Kasimir had long since ceased caring about titles or other men's judgements. He'd make his own decisions and act on his own terms. Kasimir dropped his arm to his side but didn't sheathe his axes or relax his vigilance. Instead, he turned his attention to their surroundings and the enshrouding mists leaving Mr Aldershot to deal with the strangers.

[sblock=Kasimir’s Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

[section]Girri had seen halflings before, in Waterdeep, and knew the stunted man wasn't a pygmy. Still, her nerves were shot, and when the second angry man in a day barked at her that he'd ask the questions here, she felt hot anger rise in her throat. She stifled it, choosing instead to eye Kasimir. "I'm no lady. Just Girri is fine." To Mr. Aldershot, she extended a hand in greeting. "Girri, of Waterdeep. Or so I thought...." she concluded lamely, uncertainty at her surroundings returning.

Girri paused and frowned. "Do any of you know the way out of here? Have you seen anyone? Anyone alive?" Girri clarified. She and Rufus had seen two dead men, not that she was ready to offer that information. None of the three of these newcomers seemed to be authority figures in the town, after all. [/section]

[sblock=Stats]Variant Human Bard 1
HP: 8/8
AC: 13
Initiative: +2
Saves: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Halfling (race), Vistari (background)
Passive Perception: +4

STR: 8 DEX: 15 CON: 10 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHA: 15

Spell Save DC: 12
Spell attack modifier: +4
Cantrips (2): light, prestidigitation
1st level (2/2): cure wounds, dissonant whispers, faerie fire, sleep

Bardic Inspiration: (2/2), long rest. Bonus action, choose one creature other than yourself within 60' who can hear you. d6 to an ability check, attack roll, or save w/i 10 min.

Bladed Scarf +4, 1d4+2, finesse, 10 ft reach
Dagger +4, 1d4+2, thrown, finesse, light, 20'

Acrobatics 4
Arcana 3
Insight 4
Investigation 3
Perception 4
Performance 4
Persuasion 4
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 4[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The swirls of mist between them seem to part for a moment, as if nature were giving her blessing to the beginning of conversation. Mr Aldershot accepts the bow from the desert warrior with a nod of his head. He then steps forward and approaches the woman who has offered her hand in peace. He takes it, his delicate fingers encompassed in her palm.

"Girri. Well met. I have spent time in the forests above Waterdeep, but little of it spent little in the town itself. And there we have learned something." He takes back his hand, realizing he has held it too long. he speaks to them all. "Whatever has happened to us, some of us have been brought from the same place. Shifted, perhaps."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kasimir

"Or we've died and this is Torment." Kasimir looked warily at the mists and the buildings that loomed as dark shapes, fading in and out as the mists swirled. "I've seen no one, living or dead, but you five. It may be all we can do to put a wall at our backs and sell our souls as dearly as possible when the Dark rises." By the tone of his voice, Kasimir seemed to like the idea.

[sblock=Kasimir’s Stats]
CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +4
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc
Special Wanderer

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

Wild I rush in, where angels fear to tread. (Trait)
Rebel Your manners, your titles; they mean nothing when the dark comes for you. (Trait)
Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse while I still draw breath. (Ideal)
Outcast I let no one close. (Bond)
Secret I crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse. (Flaw)
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

"Well there's a cheerful thought."

Wergil stepped back from Rufus and lowered his rapier but did not sheathe it.
"I am Junker Wergil of house Stahlmannlichkeit; you will address me as Junker, as befits my position. I know nothing of magic, but it seems highly coincidental that the last thing I should remember before waking in this realm is the magus there, immolating some elderly peasant."

Having briefly calmed, he beats his rapier on his shield as he starts to get agitated again, "I swear, by the sword and word of a Stahlmannlichkeit, when I find out who is responsible for this, I'll pull their gizzards out and hang them with it! Why, their own mothers won't recognise them when I'm finished with them!!

[sblock=status]Wergil hp 15/15
Str +0(+2 Saves) Dex +3, Con +3(+5 Saves), Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +0
Athletics +2, History +1, Perception +2, Persuasion +2, Survival +2
AC 18
Inspiration yes
Rages 2/2
HD: 1/1[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The halfling nods at Kasimir's suggestion.

"Mayhap," he acknowledges. "But if that were so, then the universe is a kinder place than I have often thought, to give us each other as its worst imagined punishment."

Yavathol

Explorer
Wergil cocks his head, his demeanor calming as he strains to figure out if he has been insulted or complimented by Aldershot.

"It was a compliment, Djun-ker." Girri offered, eyeing Wergil and intentionally mispronouncing his title. She sheathed her dagger. "C'mon, Farshid's got the right idea. Let's us look around, see what we can see. Maybe stick together for a while. Safety in numbers?"

Wrex

First Post
Rufus waited until the others had lowered their weapons before lowering his guard. The man with the two axes, his reaction, his bearing. He reminded him of others at the monastery. Friend or foe, he felt like he recognized a kindred spirit.

He listened as the other prattled on and looked at the newcomers. The nobleman, or so he claimed, grated on his nerves somewhat already, but he had seen him with this Farshid. Saw the same thing he had. He smirked at Girris slight. He wondered if it was intentional? He couldn't get a read on the woman. There was something confusing about her mannerisms.

He nodded in the direction of the newcomers, "Rufus. We are as lost as you, it would appear. Last I recall I was in waterdeep with this 'Farshid', as you noted. We must be here for some reason. Unless we are damned".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases