Pathfinder News From GAMA

News from the GAMA trade show, as reported by the (excellent) Know Direction podcast: Return to a classic Adventure Path with Curse of the Crimson Throne, one of Paizo’s most popular campaigns! The city of Korvosa is in chaos, and her new queen may well be the source–can a ragtag group of heroes stand before the might of one of Golarion’s most nefarious villains? This immense book has everything you need to run an entire full-length campaign covering months and months of play!

• Updates the classic Adventure Path to the Pathfinder RPG rules for the first time.
  • Explore expanded adventures, including a brand new mission written by Paizo’s Creative Director, James Jacobs, that sends the heroes into a perilous dungeon run by the queen’s infamous Gray Maidens!
  • Features dozens of evocative illustrations of classic characters.
  • Updated rules for monsters, magic items, and character options, some old, some new.
  • Retail Price: $49.99

The two best-selling Pathfinder RPG hardcovers of all time come to paperback at least in brand-new “Pocket Editions” set for a Fall 2016 release!

• Affordable price significantly lowers Pathfinder’s cost barrier to entry.
  • Perfect for use with Pathfinder Society Organized Play.
  • Exactly the same content as the hardcover editions, at a new low price!
  • Core Rulebook Retail Price: $24.99
  • Bestiary Retail Price: $19.99

Credit for the pictures goes to the Uncle’s Games Twitter page.

Starfox

Adventurer
I'm really excited about CotCT hardcover! Looking forward to adapting it to 5th Ed. It's so clear to me that Paizo has the best campaign setting and adventures, while WoTC has the best mechanics in 5th Ed.

This is how yu win an edition war! Mix and match, take the best of each!

marv

Explorer
This is how yu win an edition war! Mix and match, take the best of each!
No war here. . I have fond memories of the PF RPG (I was even a VC). I just find that as me and my players age, 5th Ed is much easier (and faster) to play. I use the word "adapting" because a detailed conversion is unessary as it can easily be done on the fly, especially if I just reskin (and sometimes slightly alter) monster stats from the 5ed MM. Pawns are system neutral.

However, back to the original thread. I own the CotCT AP and find the locals and NPCs vivid and easily adapted to whatever unique storyline you and your players create. My favorite NPC is Shadowcount Sial. Evil turn coats are always fun to DM/GM.

JohnnyZemo

Explorer
A couple of thoughts in response to various posters:

1) I have no evidence other than my own buying habits, but I suspect that Paizo is seeing decreasing sales of their hardcover rulebooks. I know that after buying the first 20 or so, I have stopped, since a) I'm no longer running a Pathfinder campaign, and b) I have more than enough options with the books I already have if I ever decide I want to run one again. I with them success, but it's hard for me to imagine a topic they could come up with that would excite me enough to get me to buy another PF rulebook.

2) CotCT is one of the few APs I've played all the way through, and I will definitely pick up the hardcover. Add me to the list of those who would love to see compilations of Age of Worms and Savage Tide.

3) Add me, also, to the list of those wondering who has pockets big enough to hold a PF Core Rulebook. :)

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I agree with Johnny Zemo, and guess sales have declined for each hardback....heck just checking the threads on the front page of Enworld would tend to agree with this as Pathfinder game topics are few and far between even when a new book is released. Didn't Intrigue just come out and it's not a topic to really discuss on this board. Granted maybe the PF crowd mainly use the paizo board but not seeing it here makes me wonder.
I doubt I'll buy another PF book mpbut I'll mine the ones I do have to convert ideas into 5e. PF had some interesting APs to choose from.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases