She returns from the Abyss...

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm think of getting back into gaming. I've been off being depressed and transgender* and stuff and I'm starting to connect with myself. Which means I want to pretend to be a dwarf.

Yes, after years of people assuming I was female from this nickname, I've finally started dealing with my very real gender issues. I am woman. Hear me roar. :) (i'm not living as a woman yet, and am likely to always be a bit not quite a typical one, but it is me.)

But more importantly, What's the state of gaming? 5e seems alive. WTF is with GW and that Age of Sigmar stuff... It's worse than the WoD 2.0 stuff....

I'm kinda rambling but its been a long time and I'm outta touch.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
5e I am in love with. And I mean love. Like slightly more than when I started the D&D hobby. As if everything is new to me again.

I would also recommend, Iron Kingdoms. It is based off the Hordes minis game I think? But fun! I love the lore and the character creation and choices. Plus you could be a mage with a pet magi-tech mech, if that is your dish.

I don't really play a lot of pen and paper besides those two really right now.

Sadras

Legend
I'm think of getting back into gaming. I've been off being depressed and transgender* and stuff and I'm starting to connect with myself. Which means I want to pretend to be a dwarf.

Yes, after years of people assuming I was female from this nickname, I've finally started dealing with my very real gender issues. I am woman. Hear me roar. :) (i'm not living as a woman yet, and am likely to always be a bit not quite a typical one, but it is me.)

Power to you! I imagine this cannot be an easy transition.

But more importantly, What's the state of gaming? 5e seems alive. WTF is with GW and that Age of Sigmar stuff... It's worse than the WoD 2.0 stuff....

I'm kinda rambling but its been a long time and I'm outta touch.

Like the previous poster said, 5e is great. It is an awesome blend of what was before and easy to to tinker with, plus the artwork has improved which assists in inspiration.
Sadly I cannot comment on GW and Age of Sigmar - dunno anything about either.

delericho

Legend

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear you've been depressed.

Yeah, 5e is either thriving or is imminently going to die a horrible death due to both a lack of support and a glut of third-party materials (depending on who you ask). Personally, I really like it... but also find that it doesn't quite give us what we need from it.

I haven't played any Age of Sigmar, but don't think I've ever heard anything good about it. Games Workshop in general seem to be having problems.

I've been playing a lot of Firefly recently, which is a game I very much enjoy. Unfortunately, that really is a game that's seeing a lack of upcoming support. :(

Ryujin

Legend
That particular cursed item was also in 1e ;) On the, "Which means I want to pretend to be a dwarf." front, JourneyQuest season 3 will have a female dwarf character. With a beard.

I'm still playing Pathfinder, for the most part, not having gotten into 5e. I also played some Savage Worlds, specifically "War of the Dead", and found it to be a really fun and relatively fast playing system.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I've been off being ... and I'm starting to connect with myself.
That is a nasty combination of headaches. I hope you can untangle them and deal with each one, to become a whole happy person again.

I found out that playing a Paladin made me into more of a hero - both in the game and in real life: I had to live up to my imaginary self.*
What do you want yourself to become? (Check with friends that your characterization is healthy and functional; no perma-drunk, for instance.) Create a Dwarf who is that, play it with gusto, and expect yourself to follow in your character's footsteps.

* My Paladin jumped into 30 feet of water while wearing Plate Armor ! ... and a very long rope. I wanted to get down to a drowning teammate FAST.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases