Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    D&DWotC Evacuee

Block ccs

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor the Mighty! View Post
    Yep., sold out or really expensive everywhere I look. Should have grabbed on when I had the chance.
    Hmm, looks like the same sculpt they used for the DragonWing game. I bet you could find one of those. They made a normal one (forget what colors) & a translucent dark grey one in a prize kit. Just prime it grey & re-paint from there.
    XP Flexor the Mighty! gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Hmm, looks like the same sculpt they used for the DragonWing game. I bet you could find one of those. They made a normal one (forget what colors) & a translucent dark grey one in a prize kit. Just prime it grey & re-paint from there.
    Good to know, I'll keep my eyes out.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block megamania

Friend+
    The Beholder figure is cheap, well made and everyone pounced on them. To get mine I went to three shops. The third and last shop had only one.

And look at the prices of prepainted ones. Begin at 40 and go up. Even an okay painter (like me) will jump on the 5 dollar unpainted ones.

Hope they re-release again.

These minis have been great to see made, much better quality and sculpt detail compared to the Bones line in my opinion. Just finished painting 3 myself the past few days. The attached shields and weapons can make getting underneath tricky but just a minor annouyance to an outstanding line. The next wave release this month as well!

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Block Olaf the Stout

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanSental View Post
    These minis have been great to see made, much better quality and sculpt detail compared to the Bones line in my opinion. Just finished painting 3 myself the past few days. The attached shields and weapons can make getting underneath tricky but just a minor annouyance to an outstanding line. The next wave release this month as well!
    Ive still found the details on them a bit shallow compared to metal minis or something like the GW plastic minis.

I recently painted the half-elf sorcerer with the flame coming from his hands as my Wild Mage PC in our current ToA campaign.

I found the eye sockets on that mini to be the smallest Ive ever painted before (it was something of a minor miracle that I managed to not make him look cross-eyed and only took 2 goes to paint the eyes). The lips and mouth were basically non-existent on my sculpt, so I just had to freehand them on.

I loved the clear plastic though as I was able to make a really cool looking purple flame with just a simple wash. I was really happy with that.

Im happy enough with my purchase considering the low cost compared to metal minis or GW plastics, but the sculpt quality is definitely a little below those options.

Quick Reply Quick Reply