D&D 5E To The Strongest: A 5E War Campaign [CLOSED; OOC]

Jago

Explorer
Soooo, no one bothered to inform me that my character was only third level eh?

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

I figured you had this, mate; if you weren't handicapped, you'd just blow everyone else out of the water, right?

... right?

Honestly I just missed it, I am sorry. Too many mind over here

Jago

Explorer
Looks like we still need the group to come together on the Company Ideal, Bond, & Flaw.

So far I have at least 3 votes for a Bond of "The Company" and a Flaw of "Greed". One proposal for the ideal is "We help those who cannot help themselves", and another is "We always finish the job we are paid for."

Any other suggestions or votes towards these?

Also, as we're getting characters solidified, now is when I'd ask that people start looking for At least 2 PCs to link yourself to, either from your time in the Company or beforehand.

Examples off the top of my head:

- 1 PC invited another to join The Iron Wolves, having worked with them previously.
- 2 PCs are friendly rivals within the Company, competing for rank and prestige but always working well together in battle
- 1 PC is a mentor/apprentice to another in some capacity
- 1 PC is related to another PC
- 1 PC has a romantic interest in another PC (mutual or otherwise)
- 2 PCs were originally on opposite sides of a conflict before joining the Iron Wolves together
- 2 PCs were originally a part of the same army together before deciding to strike out as mercenaries and join The Iron Wolves
- 2 (or more) PCs founded the Iron Wolves together
- 2 (or more) PCs served under Kadmos together in the final conflict of his life (as this was 15 years ago, this would generally be for characters in their 30s+)

Trogdor1992

First Post
I think we should say we definitely founded the iron wolves together, past that I'm thinking of who I'd like to be linked to.

Trogdor1992

First Post
[MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] @ VLAD the Destroyer I think we should do a Bond together, we are all half-elves after all

Thateous

Explorer
Well just checked your backgrounds, or lack there of, and the first question is where did you two come from. Here is what I have for my background so far: (Woefully incomplete and I probably went overboard)

Mercutio Tullius was born of a love developed between an Elven Cavalry Commander and a Human commoner. He was trained from a young age in the ways of cavalry command and military tactics. By the age of 20 he led his own stand of heavy cavalry. He was sent home to take care of his mother after news of her illness reached the frontlines. He tried to stay and fight by his father’s side but he eventually bent to his father’s will and headed home. It was during this time that Kadmos lured the Elven Legio into a valley by having them chase what appeared to be the battered, last remnants of his army. Thus baited, the humans trapped the Elves in the valley from both ends, slaughtering the host until the remainders surrendered. His father was not among the survivors. When news of the Legio’s defeat reached the Republica Aeternum chaos ensued. His mother passed that same night. The cleric was unsure if she’d passed due to the illness or a broken heart. Her last words to her son were, “Stay true to yourself, and what you believe in.”

During the battle that claimed Kadmos Nikitis’ life my own unit was similarly cut off and surrounded on a different front. We managed to get to a defensible position, but after waves of enemies we were on our last leg. As we prepared to make our final stance, building fortifications around our dead companions in an effort to slow the enemy I snapped. In open defiance of the carnage that was happening I said to hell with this and attempted to draw every ounce of strength from my god for an answer, however what happened was unexpected. Machidoxia, the god of war, turned her back on me and Kora, the god of death, answered my prayers. Somehow my dead companions were summoned back into fight. The act broke the enemies’ moral instantly as they turned tail in full retreat. My companions never looked at me the same again after that. After hearing of Kadmos’ demise I took the opportunity to resign from my position and find my own way. A handful of my men followed.

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
what about, we are remnants of a larger force that had quit the field? Our commander died in the battle and we managed to rally our people in enough order that we survived the day and since then have worked together as the Iron Wolves. Hence we work the way we do.

edit: just saw the post above

Remove ads