Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Oh dear...)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
People want to see this movie, they saw the trailers and said "this is cool" and do not care what critics or other people are saying. From a marketing point, come on, it is Batman vs Superman. How is that not cool, it is right up there with Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant, Muhammad Ali vs Joe Frazier! Mad Men like Don Draper dream of this advertising. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's also an element of word of mouth being significantly better than the critical response. Divisive as it is, that's still half of viewers saying it's good (actually, according to Rotten Tomatoes, 70% of the audience). I know some people weren't planning on seeing it are now after folks said they enjoyed it.

It's not a terrible movie, by any stretch. I personally like it a lot, of course (as I've said). I put it way above Age of Ultron, though not as good as The Dark Knight.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=13107]tomBitonti[/MENTION] could you put that question in the spoilers thread? The subject is a bit too spoilery for this one.

One thing I didn't get - if Bruce Wayne has been Caped Crusading for twenty years, fighting the Joker, responding to Bat-Signals... why is he 'the Bat Vigilante in Gotham' who's newsworthy all of a sudden?

And is it canonical that Gotham and Metropolis are, like, a short cab ride apart?

-Hyp.
I dunno, but they both seem New York stand-ins, so maybe the 3 cities create a triangle? (Since New York also exists, AFAIK). Vastly overpopulated region, apparently.

Not sure where Flash's and Arrow's city are supposed to be located.

horacethegrey

First Post
Well, I finally watched it. And I had to watch it since I bothered starting this thread.

And I thought it sucked.

Well, it didn't suck as much as I thought it would. And on the suckiness scale it edges out Man of Steel by virtue of being less sucky. But not by much.

So there be my thoughts, I'll give a more thorough on why it sucks in the spoiler thread. For now though, I'll just sigh dejectedly on how DC/Warner sucks in getting their movieverse started.

ccs

41st lv DM
Those I mentally put on the west coast; LA and San Fran respectively.

Cue the guys who will pull actual references out of the comics, to shoot me down :D

Keystone/Central cities (home to the various Flashes) is usually located on the KS/MO line just below the tip of NE.
Star City (Green Arrow) is on the west coast in CA. North of SanFran.

Remove ads