Pathfinder 1E Fateful Channel Feat - Too powerful?

Starfox

Adventurer
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/fateful-channel

SRD said:
Your faith not only heals the body, it tugs the strands of fate.

Prerequisite(s): Channel positive energy 3d6, worshiper of a Phantasma.

Benefit(s): When you channel positive energy to heal living creatures, you grant each creature you heal the ability to roll twice and take the better result on a single attack roll, skill check, or saving throw of their choice within a number of rounds equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum 1). Multiple uses of this ability do not stack, but they do reset the effect's duration. A creature can only benefit from one instance of this channel effect at a time.

Re-rolls are powerful, and this grants a reroll to each ally in range, but they can only be used in the next few rounds. Most clerics have limited Charisma which limits the power, but channeling feats are for clerics with high Charisma. Also certain oracles can channel energy.

Still, this seems powerful, especially as it is available at level 5.

Opinions? Experiences?

Note that this also affects enemy creatures that you might be healing.

Also, rolling twice and taking the better result on a d20 amounts to, IIRC, a +4 bonus.

So, yes, it looks good but I don't think it's overpowered.

AR

Oompa

First Post
This feature sounds a lot like the advantage rule in D&D 5.0

If you flank, or get advantage an other way you roll twice and take the highest die roll. It is not a static +2 to attacks anymore.

I do think it is limited by using the Charisma-modifier and also as stated before, the fact monsters can be affected to.

Starfox

Adventurer
Selective Channeling can insure that only allies benefit. But overall, I am inclined to agree that this is ok. Having to decide to use this before you roll reduces the benefit considerably.

Thanks for the input!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases