Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size pt 4

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem adds, "It may be over, but there will probably be some sort of after effects as the creatures that were controlled disperse from whatever locations they were being collected."

Aura

Explorer
As discussion continues, Menik finds a number of valuable items on the fallen enemies.
[sblock=Loot]Outside of personal wealth, items of interest include:
Georgio: Mithral Breastplate, Heavy Steel Shield +1, Longsword +1
Alicia: Dagger +1 Agile Weapon, Mithral Chain Shirt +1
Giovanni: Lesser Metamagic Rod: Silent Spell, Silk Ceremonial Armor +1, Cloak of Resistance +1
Sean: Longsword +1, Plate Armor +1, Heavy Steel Shield +1[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik gathers the materials he collects. He takes special interest in the rod, which he keeps on his person for now. Could come in handy if the priest-king decides to ambush us on the way out.

"That's true Lem. Maybe we should have tried to use the device itself to clean up any such mess. But that could have taken a long time. Now, let's get out of here."

Aura

Explorer
With that, you leave the cave, the RCC shattered and inoperable. Walking back out through the village is uncomfortable, but the priest-king and his champion eye you from a distance, obviously more interested in protecting his people than giving you any grief. The last interaction comes from a little tadpole, who waves goodbye to you as you disappear into the swamp.

The way back to the Ratfolk village is quiet. Jacobson leads the way, but has little to say about what transpired for the longest time. It doesn't help much that the swamp is being particularly quiet on the way back, to the point that your very steps are the loudest part of your experience. It isn't until you have almost arrived at the Ratfolk's community that she speaks, "Everything you have heard is considered sensitive information. Please keep that in mind and use discretion." With that, she looks ready to head into the village.

[sblock=Notes]That pretty much handles the combat part of the adventure, unless something un-forseen happens. Just let me know what roleplay and business you have and we'll tie it up for the adventure.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Along the way Menik tells Jacobson "We have fought your battle. I'd like to know the story behind it. What did you do?"

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Weylyn leans in just a bit, anxious to hear Jacobson's response to this... forward... question.
[/section]

[SBLOCK=OOC/Actions/Rolls]--[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Weylyn Wealbetwyn
Male aasimar bloodrager 10 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 15, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 7)
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 132 (10d10+50)
Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +6; +2 bonus vs. spells cast by self or an ally
Defensive Abilities blood sanctuary, improved uncanny dodge; DR 2/—; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee cold iron dagger +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . muutos +15/+10 (2d6+7/×3) or
. . silver cestus +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . unarmed strike +14/+9 (1d3+4 nonlethal)
Special Attacks blood casting, bloodrage (26 rounds/day), staggering strike
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 1—corruption resistance (vs evil hr/lvl on self)[APG] (DC 14)
Bloodrager Spells Known (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 3rd (1/day)—countless eyes[UM] (DC 15), haste
. . 2nd (2/day)—elemental touch[APG], glitterdust (DC 14), ironskin, see invisibility, stone discus[ACG]
. . 1st (3/day)—blade lash[ACG], blurred movement[ACG], enlarge person (DC 13), magic missile, stone fist[APG], thunderstomp[ACG]
. . Bloodline Aberrant
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15
Base Atk +10; CMB +14; CMD 28
Feats Bludgeoner[UC], Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Enforcer[APG], Eschew Materials, Extra Rage, Iron Will, Power Attack
Traits armor expert, resilient (will)
Skills Acrobatics +15 (+23 to jump), Climb +10, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +15, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5 (+7 to get along in the wild, endure severe weather, avoid getting lost, spot natural hazards, and predict weather), Swim +10
Languages Aklo, Celestial, Custom Language, Dwarven, Low Landellan
SQ abnormal reach, fast movement, truespeaker
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear +1 mithral breastplate, muutos[UE], cold iron dagger, silver cestus[APG], belt of physical perfection +2, boots of swift fury[ACG], ring of vengeful blood magic[ACG], basic maps (major landmarks only), bedroll, blanket[APG], candle (2), chalk, everburning torch, flint and steel, hammer, hammock[UE], knife, utility (0.5 lb), masterwork backpack[APG], mess kit[UE], piton (4), sack (2), silk rope (50 ft.), sunrod (3), tindertwig (4), torch (2), trail rations (6), waterskin (2), 893 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abnormal Reach (Su) Increase reach by 5 ft when raging.
Blood Casting (Su) Cast bloodrager spells while in bloodrage.
Blood Sanctuary +2 (Su) +2 bonus to save vs. spells cast by self or an ally.
Bloodrage (26 rounds/day) (Su) +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged.
Bludgeoner Inflict nonlethal damage with bludgeoning weapons
Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Damage Reduction (2/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Enforcer If you deal nonlethal damage with a melee weapon, make a free Intimidate check to demoralize.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Fast Movement +10 (Ex) +10 feet to speed, unless heavily loaded.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Lv >=14) (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed. You cannot be flanked unless the attacker is Level 14+.
Power Attack -3/+6 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Staggering Strike (DC 19) (Su) On critical hit when raging, target is staggered 1 rd (Fort neg).
Truespeaker Learn two languages for each rank you put in Linguistics.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Jacobson.jpg
Macabee remains silent, but watches on with a bit of look of surprise on his face at the question forwarded by Menik. There is an uneasy lull in the conversation after Lem chimes in, and Jacobson's sigh, while subdued, is obvious. Then, she speaks, in slow, carefully measured words, "I was originally a scout in the army, and considered talented and quickly promoted. Soon enough, I was tapped by the secret services for espionage operations. One one operation, I fell for what I thought was an ordinary member of the indigenous society. As things progressed, I attempted to protect them as well as accomplish the mission, but doing so eventually compromised the mission and several good men died. My lover, as it turns out, was an agent working against us the whole time. I managed to survive, mostly thanks to my high degree of combat training.

"Upon arriving home, I was investigated extensively for my ill-considered actions," she continues, turning a page in the story. "A trial with a potential death penalty seemed assured, but before it gathered any momentum the Lord-Elect issued a pardon, which kept things, largely, out of the public eye. I was, however, lifetime banned from military or espionage work, leaving a door open for local law enforcement. I knew there were those unhappy with the situation, but I never imagined they would try to settle the score in such a spectacular way. You'd think a back alley mugging would have been more practical instead of dragging all of Venza into it."

With that, Jacobson breaks out her water flask and takes a drink. Eyeing you up, she adds, "What I learned, the hard way, is love is an illusion and the team is all that matters. Protect your people and they'll always bring you home."

With that, Jacobson steps into the clearing of the ratfolk settlement, where she is immediately spotted by several of the fluffy ratfolk children. If you had any further questions, they are, at least for now, derailed by her receiving the excited youngsters. The mood is generally good as she detangles herself from all but one of the young and addresses the village matron. With one ratling in her arms, she engages in conversation about what went on.

Meanwhile, you're left with Macabee in a settlement of small bipedal rats. The rest of the White Cloaks are here as well, and they are excited to see you. Macabee is the first to immediately strike up conversation with his comrades, eagerly drawing you in. They are interested in the goings on, and Macabee tell the tale, having had a bird's eye view of the festivities. There will be time for splitting of lucre later (one share for each Weylyn, Menik, Lem, as well as one share split among the White Cloaks, all as previously agreed), along with your payment from Venza itself, but for now it's time to kick back and relax.

[sblock=That's it]Hokay, that is the game, unless you have things you'd like to add, in which case just keep on in free roleplay mode. Eventually Jacobson will be free again if you had more to pursue with her, or whatever you have in mind. But, it's also a good stopping point.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik shakes his head. "Take no lessons from small numbers of case studies, such as your own life so far. It is not mathematically sound" he tells Jacobson. But the wizard doubts that the woman will truly hear his words.

ooc: Thanks Aura for running a great game.

I saw your PM about heading over to Mythweavers.

What are our gold & XP?

Remove ads