Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size pt 4

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem smiles as he forks over the 250 gp to Menik, "Well, here you go. I'm glad you know how to use that wand, right? Hey, you can use that wand, right?"

Afterwards, he stays uncharacteristically quiet and in self-reflection for the rest of the journey.

OOC:
[sblock]
Lem forks over the 250gp for the group's wand, which may be useless. In addition, he goes to the Mystic Pearl and pays for 3 sunrods and 5 CSW potions. Total expenditure: 4,006 gp.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik tells Lem "No, wizards can't really heal. The wand is for Macabee."

If anyone has been paying close attention, they might notice that this is the second time today that Menik has referred to his inability to 'really heal'.

Menik takes the coins and enters the Pearl.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Weylyn grins as he digs a couple of gems from his belt pouch and hands them over to pay for his share of the healing. "More healing is always welcome. Though I'd prefer not t' need it in th' first place."
[/section]

[SBLOCK=OOC/Actions/Rolls]--[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Weylyn Wealbetwyn
Male aasimar bloodrager 10 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 15, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 7)
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 132 (10d10+50)
Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +6; +2 bonus vs. spells cast by self or an ally
Defensive Abilities blood sanctuary, improved uncanny dodge; DR 2/—; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee cold iron dagger +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . muutos +15/+10 (2d6+7/×3) or
. . silver cestus +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . unarmed strike +14/+9 (1d3+4 nonlethal)
Special Attacks blood casting, bloodrage (26 rounds/day), staggering strike
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 1—corruption resistance (vs evil hr/lvl on self)[APG] (DC 14)
Bloodrager Spells Known (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 3rd (1/day)—countless eyes[UM] (DC 15), haste
. . 2nd (2/day)—elemental touch[APG], glitterdust (DC 14), ironskin, see invisibility, stone discus[ACG]
. . 1st (3/day)—blade lash[ACG], blurred movement[ACG], enlarge person (DC 13), magic missile, stone fist[APG], thunderstomp[ACG]
. . Bloodline Aberrant
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15
Base Atk +10; CMB +14; CMD 28
Feats Bludgeoner[UC], Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Enforcer[APG], Eschew Materials, Extra Rage, Iron Will, Power Attack
Traits armor expert, resilient (will)
Skills Acrobatics +15 (+23 to jump), Climb +10, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +15, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5 (+7 to get along in the wild, endure severe weather, avoid getting lost, spot natural hazards, and predict weather), Swim +10
Languages Aklo, Celestial, Custom Language, Dwarven, Low Landellan
SQ abnormal reach, fast movement, truespeaker
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear +1 mithral breastplate, muutos[UE], cold iron dagger, silver cestus[APG], belt of physical perfection +2, boots of swift fury[ACG], ring of vengeful blood magic[ACG], basic maps (major landmarks only), bedroll, blanket[APG], candle (2), chalk, everburning torch, flint and steel, hammer, hammock[UE], knife, utility (0.5 lb), masterwork backpack[APG], mess kit[UE], piton (4), sack (2), silk rope (50 ft.), sunrod (3), tindertwig (4), torch (2), trail rations (6), waterskin (2), 893 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abnormal Reach (Su) Increase reach by 5 ft when raging.
Blood Casting (Su) Cast bloodrager spells while in bloodrage.
Blood Sanctuary +2 (Su) +2 bonus to save vs. spells cast by self or an ally.
Bloodrage (26 rounds/day) (Su) +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged.
Bludgeoner Inflict nonlethal damage with bludgeoning weapons
Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Damage Reduction (2/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Enforcer If you deal nonlethal damage with a melee weapon, make a free Intimidate check to demoralize.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Fast Movement +10 (Ex) +10 feet to speed, unless heavily loaded.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Lv >=14) (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed. You cannot be flanked unless the attacker is Level 14+.
Power Attack -3/+6 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Staggering Strike (DC 19) (Su) On critical hit when raging, target is staggered 1 rd (Fort neg).
Truespeaker Learn two languages for each rank you put in Linguistics.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Andreas greets the group, "Well met. Commander Jacobson asked me along on your jaunt. I'm not under her formal command, but have worked with her before." The latter statement is made more clear by the fact the lank man is dressed in an army uniform, denoting him as part of a scouting group. "Anyway, to answer your concern, the boggards see quite well in the dark, so we should be wary of this fact."

[section]
Commander Jacobson
"Good point," Commander Jacobson interjects, turning from the ratfolk matron to respond to the issue, "We will be want a daytime attack, then. We can stop a few miles short of the target location and camp for the night, there. Thanks to the nature of the terrain, we are not too concerned about any sort of underground complex. We have the supplies for a few days, so this isn't a problem." Thinking a bit more, she adds, "We will be waking before dawn so we can press the attack as soon as there is light. Don't get too comfortable."
[/section]

The ratfolk continue to show interest in the group, particularly the young, who venture closer to group than any of them save the elder female to whom Jacobson was speaking with. As they do, they tend to stick very close to one another, and it becomes quite obvious from this and the fully grown onlookers the ratfolk definition of personal space is a lot smaller than most of the other intelligent races.

[sblock=DM notes]Armor spell: Sounds like it's going to be simply a matter of morning prep to cast it as you're getting the move on in the morning, Kinem. Is that what you'd like?

We'll be moving ahead unless there is anything people wanted with this scene.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem looks into his pack and digs out a day's worth of rations that he has spiced up a little bit with some wild vegetables, fruits and nuts, and splits it up and offers it to the kids as a snack. He grins and says, "Hey kids, if you like this treat, I'll show you how to pick some local plants out that you can use for a similar treat."

Cooking Skill Check
[roll0]

kinem

Adventurer
When Menik gave the wand to Maccabee, he told the man "This wand holds spells to cure light wounds. It may help you help us. It's a loan but I'm sure we'll all get good rewards if this mission succeeds. What are you own abilities? I ask in part because depending on the situation, it may make sense for me to cast a spell of invisibility sphere on you and others to let you work with fewer interruptions, but the spell will end if you attack."

OOC: Will there be time for Menik to prepare new spells in the morning? He'll need 8 hours rest and then up to an hour to prepare them. He'll ask the others if they anticipate a use for a particular kind of spell.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Nodding, Macabee accepts the wand from Menik. "Ah, Cure Light Wounds spells in a stick. Never a bad thing, particularly in an extended engagement." Slipping the wand under his belt, he continues, "I can cure wounds of the moderate nature, as well as lesser wounds, such as this wand. Maybe a total of 8 times between the two, assuming I forgo other magics to do so. I'm likely to bless the group at the onset of combat, that seems to be worth the effort."

Meanwhile, ratfolk children interested in Lem's cooking and foraging skills, happily accepting any handouts he has for them. A few of the White Cloaks seem somewhat interested as well, although they are not so quick to act on it. He does, however, draw the attention of a worrisome mother rat, who checks (read: nibbles) some of the handed out food to make sure it is alright for her children, but she gives it the nod of approval and the children gleefully enjoy both the food and the foraging lesson.

[sblock=8 hours rest]Yes. It will take a little planning, but by asking either the commander or her assistant, you can make sure you get 8 hours before the anticipated reverie.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
After leaving the Ratfolk encampment (with a few teary eyed children who enjoyed Lem's presence), the group (with the addition of Andreas Costas) travels a bit further and quietly sets camp about halfway to the suspected location of the enemy. Tents are pitched, but no fire is made. The men talk amongst themselves and with Lem and Weylyn. With having to get up so early, Menik retires to bed a bit early that night.

With the prospect of getting ready for bed for everyone else, the White Cloaks are being assigned watches by the sergeant. Listening in, you can tell he's planning 2 per watch (3 watches). The camp is rather on the quiet side, as not to draw undue attention, and what might have normally been barked out orders is a quiet discussion between the man and his underlings.

[sblock=Moving on?]Unless there was more from this scene, we can skip to morning.[/sblock]

[sblock=Retcon]I felt it necessary to retcon my last two posts. Somehow I mentally munged the Ratfolk encampment with your camp. The edits should make it a bit more clear. Fortunately, no player posts are effected by the change.[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
OOC: I'll make a few changes in my spell selection. I haven't had good internet access recently but should in a few days.

Remove ads