Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size pt 4

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Oh, aya... and I can take a watch as well if it's needed," Weylyn chimes in. "It's little enough I'm doing otherwise. Eating, talking and walking have been the extent of it so far.
[/section]

[SBLOCK=OOC/Actions/Rolls]I'm good with advancing on whenever spell selections and the like have been updated.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Weylyn Wealbetwyn
Male aasimar bloodrager 10 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 15, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 7)
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 132 (10d10+50)
Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +6; +2 bonus vs. spells cast by self or an ally
Defensive Abilities blood sanctuary, improved uncanny dodge; DR 2/—; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee cold iron dagger +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . muutos +15/+10 (2d6+7/×3) or
. . silver cestus +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . unarmed strike +14/+9 (1d3+4 nonlethal)
Special Attacks blood casting, bloodrage (26 rounds/day), staggering strike
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 1—corruption resistance (vs evil hr/lvl on self)[APG] (DC 14)
Bloodrager Spells Known (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 3rd (1/day)—countless eyes[UM] (DC 15), haste
. . 2nd (2/day)—elemental touch[APG], glitterdust (DC 14), ironskin, see invisibility, stone discus[ACG]
. . 1st (3/day)—blade lash[ACG], blurred movement[ACG], enlarge person (DC 13), magic missile, stone fist[APG], thunderstomp[ACG]
. . Bloodline Aberrant
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15
Base Atk +10; CMB +14; CMD 28
Feats Bludgeoner[UC], Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Enforcer[APG], Eschew Materials, Extra Rage, Iron Will, Power Attack
Traits armor expert, resilient (will)
Skills Acrobatics +15 (+23 to jump), Climb +10, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +15, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5 (+7 to get along in the wild, endure severe weather, avoid getting lost, spot natural hazards, and predict weather), Swim +10
Languages Aklo, Celestial, Custom Language, Dwarven, Low Landellan
SQ abnormal reach, fast movement, truespeaker
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear +1 mithral breastplate, muutos[UE], cold iron dagger, silver cestus[APG], belt of physical perfection +2, boots of swift fury[ACG], ring of vengeful blood magic[ACG], basic maps (major landmarks only), bedroll, blanket[APG], candle (2), chalk, everburning torch, flint and steel, hammer, hammock[UE], knife, utility (0.5 lb), masterwork backpack[APG], mess kit[UE], piton (4), sack (2), silk rope (50 ft.), sunrod (3), tindertwig (4), torch (2), trail rations (6), waterskin (2), 893 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abnormal Reach (Su) Increase reach by 5 ft when raging.
Blood Casting (Su) Cast bloodrager spells while in bloodrage.
Blood Sanctuary +2 (Su) +2 bonus to save vs. spells cast by self or an ally.
Bloodrage (26 rounds/day) (Su) +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged.
Bludgeoner Inflict nonlethal damage with bludgeoning weapons
Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Damage Reduction (2/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Enforcer If you deal nonlethal damage with a melee weapon, make a free Intimidate check to demoralize.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Fast Movement +10 (Ex) +10 feet to speed, unless heavily loaded.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Lv >=14) (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed. You cannot be flanked unless the attacker is Level 14+.
Power Attack -3/+6 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Staggering Strike (DC 19) (Su) On critical hit when raging, target is staggered 1 rd (Fort neg).
Truespeaker Learn two languages for each rank you put in Linguistics.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
The sergeant adds Lem and Weylyn to the 'list' of people on watch. Menik, on the other hand, cannot both stand watch and get proper rest for spell recovery in the restricted timeframe, so the sergeant adds one more White Cloak solider to the remaining watch, bringing the number of sentries to 3 at all times. The rest of the troupe can rest through the night.

Morning comes. Or, more accurately, you are woken before dawn with the intent of being moving by the time the rooster crows. There is a bit misty fog this morning, although it is likely to burn off pretty quickly once the sun gets above the horizon. Unfortunately for Lem, food preparation options are rather limited due to the lack of a campfire.

Commander Jacobson
The commander gives a final run-down to the troops. "If you have any final preparations, make them now. We are but a few miles from the edge of the enemy's position. Macabee, Lem, Weylyn, Menik and myself will form a command cadre right behind the primary battle line to give us the most flexibility to move up and down the line and lend aid wherever it is needed. Remember, we're looking for their leader and the device. All the rest is just gravy for the goose. Stick to your shield buddies and keep sharp. With that, the White Cloaks all pair up, each polearm fighter paired to a shieldsman for protection, and extra shieldsmen on the flanks. Although lacking in military precision, they still seem reasonably seasoned.

[sblock=preparations]I have Menik casting armor. Anything else?[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Menik

Menik tells Andreas Costas "I'd prefer to know more about the enemy before charging in. Do you know anything of their weapons? Spells?"

After finishing his morning meditation, the elven wizard prepares some new spells. (ooc: May still modify if Andreas has more info.)

He tells Lem "Knowing the way you like to get into the middle of the action, and our limited healing, I'd like to cast a spell on you that might provide a little extra protection, though I think your own gear partially provides the same effect."

[sblock=OOC]If Lem agrees, Menik will cast mage armor on him. It should give him a net +2 to AC.[/sblock]
Menik also casts mage armor and false life on himself. (ooc: [roll0] temp hp.)

He's surprised to see Weylyn cast a spell. He tells the man "I had not realized that you are a spellcaster as well as a warrior. What magical abilities will you bring to the fight?"

[sblock=stats]Menik, wizard 10
AC 13 (touch 13, ff 10), hp 72/72
Init +3, CMB +6, CMD 19, Fort +8, Reflex +9, Will +10; Perception +12 (low-light vision), Stealth +12

Attack longsword +6 (1d8+1, 19/x2) or dagger +6 (1d4+1, 19/x2)

Force missile (Sp): (1d4+5, as magic missile, 8/8 per day)

Elemental Wall (Sp): 2d6+10 or 2d4 or 1d4, 10/10 rounds/day

Arcane bond: ring; cast any spell in spellbook 1/day except Abj or Div

Spells DC 15 + spell level; (& = evocation, +1 DC, +4 damage, school spell)
(- = abj, 1 slot), (* = div: need 2 slots) (~ = fire, +1 DC)

spells/day: 4 cantrips, 6+1& 1st, 5+1& 2nd, 4+1& 3rd, 4+1& 4th, 3+1& 5th
concentration: +15 (+5 Int, +10 level)
lesser metamagic rod, selective (3/day, up to 3rd level spell, exclude up to 4 creatures from area of effect)

Level 0: message, ray of frost (50', +8 ranged touch, 1d3+5), detect magic*

Level 1: mage armor (x2) (cast),
ear-piercing scream& (50', 5d6+5, daze 1 rnd, Fort (DC 17) 1/2 + no daze) (x3),
charm person, protection from evil-

Level 2: mirror image (1d4+3, 10 min) (x2),
toppling magic missile& (1d4+6,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1; trip +15) (x2),
blindness/deafness, false life (1d10+10 temp hp, 10 hr) (cast)

Level 3: haste (10 targets, 10 rounds), dispel magic-, invisibility sphere,
fireball&~ (10d6+5, Reflex half DC 20, 20' radius, 800' range) (x2)

Level 4: ball lightning& (3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 1st attack +5 damage, 10 rnds, Reflex DC 20),
fear (Will partial DC 19), greater invisibility, confusion (Will DC 19),
black tentacles (20' radius, 1d6+4, grapple CMB +15(+20))

Level 5: fire snake& (60' snake, 12d6+5, Reflex half DC 22) (x2),
phantasmal web (Will DC 20, Fort DC 20, 10 targets), feeblemind (Will DC 20)

Gear: 4 days' rations, potion of CLW (1d8+1), potion of CSW (3d8+5), periscope, pearl of power (1st level),
Staff of Minor Arcana (10/10 charges, cast shield (1 charge) or magic missile (2 charges))
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Aye, I have a few tricks up my sleeve," Weylyn replies to Menik's inquiry with a sly grin. "More to me than meets the eye. Most of my 'tricks' are to give me more advantage when I get into a scrape, but there are a few that should help keep us out of scrapes if that's what we want. Though there's a few that have effects that are more than a little... weird. I can make you sprout eyes all over your body, fer example.

"But most of 'em are less dramatic. I can make a fella larger, faster or harder t' hurt. I can - sometimes - make th' bad guys blind, stuff like that."

[/section]

[SBLOCK=OOC/Actions/Rolls]I'm actually not overly happy with my choice of All Around Vision, but I'm playing it straight - since I didn't retrain it when I leveled him and we've already started the show I'll stick with it until next level up. Who knows - it might end up being useful...[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Weylyn Wealbetwyn
Male aasimar bloodrager 10 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 15, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 7)
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 14, flat-footed 17 (+7 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 132 (10d10+50)
Fort +11, Ref +6, Will +6; +2 bonus vs. spells cast by self or an ally
Defensive Abilities blood sanctuary, improved uncanny dodge; DR 2/—; Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee cold iron dagger +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . muutos +15/+10 (2d6+7/×3) or
. . silver cestus +14/+9 (1d4+4/19-20) or
. . unarmed strike +14/+9 (1d3+4 nonlethal)
Special Attacks blood casting, bloodrage (26 rounds/day), staggering strike
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 1—corruption resistance (vs evil hr/lvl on self)[APG] (DC 14)
Bloodrager Spells Known (CL 10th; concentration +12)
. . 3rd (1/day)—countless eyes[UM] (DC 15), haste
. . 2nd (2/day)—elemental touch[APG], glitterdust (DC 14), ironskin, see invisibility, stone discus[ACG]
. . 1st (3/day)—blade lash[ACG], blurred movement[ACG], enlarge person (DC 13), magic missile, stone fist[APG], thunderstomp[ACG]
. . Bloodline Aberrant
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15
Base Atk +10; CMB +14; CMD 28
Feats Bludgeoner[UC], Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Enforcer[APG], Eschew Materials, Extra Rage, Iron Will, Power Attack
Traits armor expert, resilient (will)
Skills Acrobatics +15 (+23 to jump), Climb +10, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +15, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +4, Survival +5 (+7 to get along in the wild, endure severe weather, avoid getting lost, spot natural hazards, and predict weather), Swim +10
Languages Aklo, Celestial, Custom Language, Dwarven, Low Landellan
SQ abnormal reach, fast movement, truespeaker
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds; Other Gear +1 mithral breastplate, muutos[UE], cold iron dagger, silver cestus[APG], belt of physical perfection +2, boots of swift fury[ACG], ring of vengeful blood magic[ACG], basic maps (major landmarks only), bedroll, blanket[APG], candle (2), chalk, everburning torch, flint and steel, hammer, hammock[UE], knife, utility (0.5 lb), masterwork backpack[APG], mess kit[UE], piton (4), sack (2), silk rope (50 ft.), sunrod (3), tindertwig (4), torch (2), trail rations (6), waterskin (2), 893 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Abnormal Reach (Su) Increase reach by 5 ft when raging.
Blood Casting (Su) Cast bloodrager spells while in bloodrage.
Blood Sanctuary +2 (Su) +2 bonus to save vs. spells cast by self or an ally.
Bloodrage (26 rounds/day) (Su) +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged.
Bludgeoner Inflict nonlethal damage with bludgeoning weapons
Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Damage Reduction (2/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Acid attacks.
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Enforcer If you deal nonlethal damage with a melee weapon, make a free Intimidate check to demoralize.
Eschew Materials Cast spells without materials, if component cost is 1 gp or less.
Fast Movement +10 (Ex) +10 feet to speed, unless heavily loaded.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Lv >=14) (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed. You cannot be flanked unless the attacker is Level 14+.
Power Attack -3/+6 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Staggering Strike (DC 19) (Su) On critical hit when raging, target is staggered 1 rd (Fort neg).
Truespeaker Learn two languages for each rank you put in Linguistics.
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The only preparation Lem makes is to ensure his two bottles of cooking wine are looped close along his belt. As some of the others stare to see what he is about, he only gives a wide smile and says, "Just a little trick I'm setting up. Doubt I'll need it, but if I do it'll be a nice surprise."

OOC: Thanks for the mage armor! Does it stack with my Ring of Protection +2 or Bracers of Armor +2?

kinem

Adventurer
Menik tells Weylyn "Hmm ... that does sound weird, though I guess it could come in handy if someone tries to sneak in back of you. Looks like we all have tricks that might come in handy. I kind of hope we get to see Lem's wine trick."

ooc: I guess we're ready to move on.

DT: The mage armor provides a +4 armor bonus, which doesn't stack with the bracers of armor +2, resulting in a net increase to AC of +2 (or AC 28). The ring gives a deflection bonus.

Aura

Explorer
Questioned about the Boggards, the scout, Andreas Costas, turns to Menik Speaking with an air of distaste for the creatures, details some of his knowledge on them. "Yes," he begins, "I've had dealings with these creatures before. In a nutshell, they are sapient, man-sized frogs, brutal and nasty. Although they are an intelligent race, they're not terribly smart nor are they technologically advanced. For example, their favored weapons are pointy objects on the ends of a variety of long sticks or bones. It may not look like much, but they are strong and hit hard. They also wear similarly primitive armors."

Pulling a bow from his shoulder bag, Costas begins to string it, continuing his informational chat, "Being large frogs, they can do the sorts of things you'd expect. They can jump and swim well, hold their breath for a long time, they have a sticky tongue and an unnerving croak the likes of which no normal frog can muster. As mentioned, they see in the dark well. They do not normally use arcane magic, but they are known to have a variety of naturalistic divine casters, and their leader is a priest king, which makes him exceptionally dangerous." The scout works the pull of the bow several times and then looks about, checking the area that used to be a camp. Seemingly satisfied, the man looks back up, "So, does that cover everything?"

About that time, the Sergeant speaks up. His voice not up to his usual booming volume, he orders, "Alright, forward easy. We have a job to do." With that, the group beings to head to target. "It should be about an hour, but keep your eyes open every step of the way. We don't want any surprises."

[sblock=Buffs Cast and stuff]Weylyn: Corruption Resistance
Menik: Mage Armor (+4 AC), False Life (+12 HP)
Lem: Mage Armor (+2 AC)

Unless there is some further business, we're headed straight into the 'encounter area', such as it is.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Loss of game records]OK, it appears the game has reverted to an earlier version. I don't have anything but memory go to on, although pm has a few recent posts. Unfortunately, I have nothing in the way of backups, as I didn't know these things could be used. I cleared my browser cache on Sunday, in part because I was wondering of the problem with ENWorld was my machine. And I don't get most email updates because it clogs my email.

If people post what they have found, I will stitch what I can together, bridge it with a descriptive text so it's not quite so abrupt and we'll get back to playing.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases