Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size pt 4

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
While the others are playing negotiator, Lem tries to slip the magic rat control thingy into a small sack without physically touching it with his hands.

Untrained Sleight of Hand Move
[roll0]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=The RCC]The Ratty Control Contraption is 2' wide, 1' deep, and 8" high at the thick side (back) and about half that on the thin side (front). This makes it's longest dimension about 2/3 Lem's height. Knowing this, would you still have done the same thing? Your choice, DT.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
A quick appraisal of the Ratty Control Contraption by Lem indicates it might be breakable, but it would almost certainly be difficult - the item seems to be cut from a single piece of obsidian, and then the features carved into it on the upper, angled, surface. Some of the carved features glow with magical energy.

[sblock=Breaking Things]Some abilities include the feature of getting past item Hardness... if Lem has anything like that it would be idea for breaking this item.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
One of the Venzans is starting to look a bit irritable, and thumb-rolls his sword menacingly. However, the one who dispelled Menik's spell continues to represent the quartet, filling people in on their offer, "Well, it's not really an offer for you, Jacobson. In fact, you may not like so much that your betrayal will finally be punished, and no pardon will save you now. For our patriotic Venzan friends, perhaps you would like to know how the commander, here, betrayed Venza back in her espionage days, costing the lives of nearly a dozen operatives. For me and my team, it was friends and family. But for you, she's still just a run of the mill traitor!"

The commander turns almost pale as the head of the Venzan troupe lays out his accusations. She steps a bit away from Weylyn while issuing her retort, "I was pardoned for that, as you have so duly noted... a pardon that came at a high price to me and delivered a clear win to Venza and..."

"Not so nearly high a price as your summary execution, which is wholly justified!" the wizard interjects, malice dripping from his words. "I will not have my brother's memory sold out by addled paper-pushers!" Recomposing himself, he addresses Lem, Weylyn and Menik more directly, "Behind her pretty face lies the mind of a selfish traitor. Tell you what, you seem like nice people, how about you and my team eliminate this traitor, the frog king and his lackey, and then march home to Venza victorious, ending the rat plague. I can make sure you're compensated for your services and you can have the pick of her gear, including that nice mithral sword of hers. Or, if you are a bit uneasy with dealing with the traitor, you guys kill off the frogs and we take care of Jacobson. There are many good options, here. Very profitable options, I might add." With that, he cracks a smile, keeping a close eye on the commander. "That's it, you better be ready... to run. So guilty..."

All the while, the Boggard King and his bodyguard are making subtle steps away from the rest of hit. With his hand, he gestures the third boggard to come closer to him. They are clearly as uneasy about the situation as Commander Jacobson is.

[sblock=Actions and Map]Jacobson and the Boggards have shifted position a bit. Otherwise, all sides are still at a stand off.

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/92263/582eab28d36bf[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik says "Sorry for your loss, but that doesn't justify attacking the city. Let us take the rat device. Hasn't there been enough killing?"

Aura

Explorer
The wizard smiles a particularly crooked smile, and replies to Menik, "So be it. Then you're all traitors as well." And with that, the four venzans all begin stepping closer, drawing weapons, and beginning spells that surely mark the beginning of an attack. However, their sudden attack was not as sudden as they had hoped, and Lem, Menik and Weylyn sense the opportunity to strike first...

Meanwhile, the boggards don't seem to sense the sudden end to negotiations, or are not as quick to respond. Either way, they don't seem to be springing to action like the Venzan group is.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]The Venzan group initiates combat, but loses initiative.
It is not clear if the boggards are in the fight or not.
Haste duration has been somewhat depleted by the negotiations.

Combat Actors
Jacobson: AC 27, 0 Damage, Haste 5r
Macabee: AC 19, 0 Damage, Haste 5r
Menik: AC 21, 0 Damage, Mage Armor, Shield, Haste 5r
Weylyn: AC 21, Haste 5r
Lem: AC 26, Haste 5r
Boggard: AC 14, 0 Damage
Priest King: AC 25, 0 Damage
Boggard Champion: AC 23, 0 Damage
Sean Aloghersie: AC 23, 0 Damage
Giovanni Sentesie: AC 15, 0 Damage
Alicia Novertia: AC 18, 0 Damage
Georgio Padwanis: AC 23, 0 Damage

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/92263/580d892b883d6

Notes:
(1) I am sorry for the delay. Let's move on.
(2) Water squares are merely wet cave floor, and not very deep. If you treat it as difficult terrain when you move, there is no effect. If you don't, DC 10 Acrobatics check or fall down.

Everyone is up.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Us? Traitors? Perhaps this will actually make you smarter!" Menik tells the opposing wizard while casting a spell at him.

ooc: Casting feeblemind at the wizard. Will negates, DC 20, with a -4 penalty as he is an arcane caster.

BTW, remember that haste gives +1 to AC as well as to attack rolls and Reflex saves.

[sblock=stats]Menik, wizard 10
AC 22 (touch 14, ff 19); mage armor & shield spells active; hp 69/72; haste 5 rounds
Init +3, CMB +6, CMD 19, Fort +8, Reflex +9 (+10), Will +10; Perception +12 (low-light vision), Stealth +12

Attack longsword +6(+7) (1d8+1, 19/x2) or dagger +6(+7) (1d4+1, 19/x2)

Force missile (Sp): (1d4+5, as magic missile, 7/8 per day)

Elemental Wall (Sp): 2d6+10 or 2d4 or 1d4, 10/10 rounds/day

Arcane bond: ring; cast any spell in spellbook 1/day except Abj or Div

Spells DC 15 + spell level; (& = evocation, +1 DC, +4 damage, school spell)
(- = abj, 1 slot), (* = div: need 2 slots) (~ = fire, +1 DC)

spells/day: 4 cantrips, 6+1& 1st, 5+1& 2nd, 4+1& 3rd, 4+1& 4th, 3+1& 5th
concentration: +15 (+5 Int, +10 level)
lesser metamagic rod, selective (3/day, up to 3rd level spell, exclude up to 4 creatures from area of effect)

Level 0: message, ray of frost (50', +8 ranged touch, 1d3+5), detect magic*

Level 1: mage armor (cast), magic missile& (1d4+6,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1),
ear-piercing scream& (50', 5d6+5, daze 1 rnd, Fort (DC 17) 1/2 + no daze) (x3),
charm person, protection from evil-

Level 2: mirror image (1d4+3, 10 min) (x2) (cast 1),
toppling magic missile& (1d4+6,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1; trip +15) (x2),
blindness/deafness (cast), false life (1d10+10 temp hp, 10 hr) (cast)

Level 3: haste (10 targets, 10 rounds), dispel magic-, invisibility sphere (cast),
fireball&~ (10d6+5, Reflex half DC 20, 20' radius, 800' range) (x2) (cast 1)

Level 4: ball lightning& (3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 1st attack +5 damage, 10 rnds, Reflex DC 20),
fear (Will partial DC 19), greater invisibility, confusion (Will DC 19),
black tentacles (20' radius, 1d6+4, grapple CMB +15(+20))

Level 5: fire snake& (60' snake, 12d6+5, Reflex half DC 22) (x2) (cast 1),
phantasmal web (Will DC 20, Fort DC 20, 10 targets) (cast), feeblemind (Will DC 20) (cast)

Gear: 4 days' rations, potion of CLW (1d8+1), potion of CSW (3d8+5), periscope, pearl of power (1st level) (used today),
Staff of Minor Arcana (9/10 charges, cast shield (1 charge) or magic missile (2 charges))
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases