What TV shows would you like to turn into a campaign?

Janx

Hero
I already did a modified "Babylon 5" campaign, using the Alternity RPG. "Agents of Shield" would work well in either D20 Modern or Dark Conspiracy, with appropriate flavour changes. "True Blood" is a natural for Vampire: The Masquerade. I think I could make a reasonably good campaign based on "Flashpoint." It helps that it was shot in Toronto, so I have plenty of first-hand experience with the environment. "Grimm" would work very well in Dark Conspiracy too.

I did Babylon 5 in D&D 3e, in a nautical campaign. Each D&D race stood in for a B5 race (Elves were Minbari, Dwarves were Narns, Gnomes were Centauri which definitely gave that race a twist). I used a watery world, with many islands, so the islands stood in for planets.

I had the game be all Human Navy PCs, starting before first contact with the Elves. The PCs were not there for first contact, they were on their own ship as "world events" escalated. The Battle of the Line was the best game session I ever ran, with the heroic PC choosing to ram the elven capital ship when his weapons were all destroyed. Where I went wrong was the post-war switch to being on an island "fort" meant to stand in for B5. There I stuck too much to the show's timeline. Shifts in player availability made the game fizzle out.

Remove ads