Feature Request - Make E-mail notifications block-list aware

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Hey,

Have a request, or a request for clarification if this feature already exists and I've missed it.

I've noticed that I occasionally get e-mail notifications that one of my thread responses has been quoted, and it turns out to be from someone I've blocked. Now the whole reason I've blocked these people is that seeing their responses to my comments makes me question the nature of intelligence and whether it actually exists, and I'd really like to avoid being potentially sent into a depressive episode just because somebody decided to confirm my worst fears about humanity, so is there any way for the e-mail notification process to recognize that the person who responded is on my block list and not actually send me the full text of their response to me?

Thanks!

--
Pauper

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I actually have a idea scope for privacy in mind. I want people to feel safe, and have control over who can interact with them, so I'm thinking about a more comprehensive block feature - not only do you ignore the person, but they can't see you either, and that extends to all aspects of the forum.

I don't know how doable that is. It means hiring somebody to hack the vBulletin core software, so it may not prove possible. But it's the goal.

The further level of that is that I'd like to allow people to use their friends list to limit an audience to just those on their list, should they want to. The friends list is currently fairly pointless, but this would make it very useful.

Remove ads