ALL THE BRICKS - Prologue: What Rough Beast

Rubberneck

First Post
Faust nods,

"I'll get him on the phone and see if he's available. Be aware he ain't cheap but he's good at what he does."

With that said he turns and tries to get Doc Sweet on the line giving him as little info as possible, for Sweet's safety of course.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lum the Mad

Lum shrugs out of his pack. The movement sets his teeth on edge but he waits a few seconds and it mostly passes. He opens a side pocket and roots among the electronics gear stashed in it until he finds what he is looking for. He pulls out a small medkit and holds it in a bloody hand.

"Faust. You know how to use this?"

[sblock=OOC]Rating 3 medkit. Like new.[/sblock]

TillForPie

First Post
Matrix Pass One

It takes some searching, but Death Otter is able to locate the icon for the surveillance data.

[sblock=OOC]Matrix Perception is a complex action.

Intuition 5 + Computer 6 + Hot-Sim 2 = 8 successes link[/sblock]
Matrix Pass Two

And she gets to work injecting red-hot TNT code into it.

[sblock=OOC]Setting a Data Bomb is a complex action.

Death Otter rolling 14 dice to set a data bomb = 5 successes link[/sblock]
Matrix Initiative - Round Four, Pass Three
Death Otter - 07 link
Crack Sprite - 07 link
FUTBOL - 04 link

Death Otter gives her crack sprite its new orders.

[sblock=OOC]Giving the sprite an order was a simple action. Any other actions for the final pass of this round?[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Her traps laid, her orders given, it was time to boogie. She glanced at her orbiting displays and her mouth fell open.

Well just LOOK at the time!

She was going to have to jump out of the Matrix like the hero of an action-trid...sailing out a window as the building exploded behind her! And she wouldn't have it any other way.

Death Otter broke into a full sprint as the Crack Horror's corruption started to recede. The system Host reasserted its authority over this demesne, but too late...too late. She ran straight at the wall of the train station, wincing and laughing as the Black IC started to unfreeze behind her. A few more steps, and she was singing as she ran.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...

She hit the wall.

The Black IC awakened and lurched around, its ridicu-huge digital weapon coming to bear.

The wall exploded, and she crashed through it. Out of the system, into the world.

Dear god it hurt. But it hurt so good.

(Jacking Out! Dumpshock resistance is 10 dice, or 11 dice if Natural Hardening applies to this, and I'm spending Edge on this roll.)

Last edited:

TillForPie

First Post
Everyone - New York, Newark, Subway Train 213, Third Car

Death Otter falls to her side, head slamming hard on the ground. She rocks with convulsions - once, twice, three times. When she wakes a second later there's blackened blood at her nostrils. Seems her mind is back in meatspace.

[sblock=OOC]Death Otter resisting dumpshock:
Willpower 5 + Firewall 5 + Natural Hardening 1 + Edge 3 (2 + 1) [exploding 6s] = 5 successes link

Taking 1 physical damage.

Is Death Otter automatically reconnecting to the public grid with AR or is she setting a delay?[/sblock]
Faust assesses Lum's medkit while he waits for his comm to connect him to Doc Sweet. The waiting tone is music Faust doesn't recognize (it's a sample from Antonin Dvorak's New World Symphony).

Come on, pick up.

"Hey John" says Doc Sweet with that deep-ass voice of his a half-second after the music cuts. "I've got my hands full here." There's a man's scream from Sweet's end. Doc Sweet shouts "You don't hold still and I'm putting this whole bottle of narcoject in you!" Doc Sweet will be annoyed by an interruption but Faust knows that unless he's operating on a blood relation he'll make time for a Brat.

Bratva Miloserdiya - Brothers of Mercy. An old Russian term for male nurses, nowadays known among private security circles as the name of a mercenary company operating in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. They're a shady corp with a rep for employing SINless to do real dirty work. Faust worked with them off-and-on throughout his twenties. That's where he met Doc Sweet. Sweet saved Faust's ass more than once in WhoGivesACrap-istan and it's time for him to do it again.

"What's up? Is it the old lady?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Nothiiiiiiing really maaaaaaaatters to meeeeeeeee," singsongs a voice from the spot in the train where the sounds of someone flopping around had just a moment before been coming from. Then a giggle.

"Aww...that was good times. Chummers. Chumchums. Chum in a drum. HEY!"

Death Otter turned off the chameleon surface of her suit, and came back into easy view, pixellating, then resolving. She pulled the head-covering hood back and rubbed a finger under her nose, scrubbing the little smear of blood away. Death Otter was a skinny girl without much in the way of curves, fair and freckled skin on her face, and hair a wild poof of dyed pinkish-purple on top of her head.

"So...train's on course for the," she waggled a hand towards the front of the car. "...the next station. Somethingsomething avenue." Abruptly affecting a very clearly fake British accent she added, "Brimsby, bring the car 'round.' I do so love a drive 'round the park in springtime."

Just as fast Otter droppped the fake accent and stood up off the floor, moving in pained little jerks as she eased back into a body that had been sitting in an awkward position a bit too long.

"So, last I checked in, y'all were getting shot at!" she said brightly, "How'd THAT go?"

While waiting the MILLION YEARS (apprx) it took meatbodies to answer her, Death Otter completed the 'reboot' of her...her head? She guessed? It was hard to explain. A shock like that sort of numbed the part of her brain that could touch the Matrix. A little gingerly, she 'listened' to it again, and the various tags and filters and overlays of Augmented Reality started coming up again.

And the adverts. Oh yay, back on the Pubic Grid. Well, it was better than nothing. Even a few seconds offline made her skin start to itch.

Last edited:

Rubberneck

First Post
Faust flinches when his wife is brought up, thankful it's only him in the call. When it comes to trust with personal information, the crew he's with haven't quite gotten to that point yet.

"Nah Sweet, I'm in a bit of a jam myself. I'll save you the nitty gritty of details but got an... Associate here with a few bullet holes in him. Trying to buy time to get him to you. Have a pretty well stocked medkit in front of me. Need you to walk me through stabilizing him. Just think if he makes it to you it's a customer."

Remove ads