DDAL New Official Moonsea-based DDAL Adventure Trilogies Coming From Baldman Games

Fans of D&D Adventurers League will be interested to hear that Baldman Games - the company which runs WotC's DDAL events at conventions - will be working with WotC to produce new, official D&D Adventurer's League content, consisting of trilogies entered around the Moonsea area of the Forgotten Realms. These adventures will premier at conventions where Baldman Games is present, and appear later on Dungeon Master's Guild for purchase.
DnD_ADVL.png

Here's the full announcement:

[h=4]Baldman Games announces new D&D Adventurers League Exclusive Content[/h]
Welcome to The Moonsea. The northern frontiers of the Realms. Bitter, cold, and harsh to those unprepared but full of ruins, magic, and wealth to those that know where to look.

The Moonsea is rich indeed . . . gold and jewels, valuable pelts, and old ruins ripe for plundering. But it is a hard place to live – cold, brutal, and dangerous, and it makes those who live there into something much the same, tempering the soft iron of their spirits into cold, sharp steel. The people of the Moonsea are hard and unforgiving because if they weren’t they’d be dead at the hands of monsters, tyrants, or the cruel turns of nature itself. ~ Khelben “Blackstaff” Arunsun

Hail and well met adventurer,

Baldman Games is proud to be the first group outside of Wizards to expand upon the great work that the D&D Adventurers League team has done over the first four seasons of the campaign, and we hope to be worthy contributors going forward. We have a lot of exciting things rolling out over the next 12 months, and we really hope you’ll join us for the journey.

We are working with the D&D team at Wizards and the D&D Adventurers League campaign administrators to create official D&D Adventurers League content that will premiere at conventions where Baldman Games is present. We use the D&D Adventurers League Player’s Guides, the campaign rules and errata, log sheets, the works. You can use your existing character and play away. It’s all D&D Adventurers League legal!

Additionally, the adventures created by Baldman Games will be on the Dungeon Masters Guild right alongside all the great D&D Adventurers League adventures that are already available. Our plan is to offer short, independent trilogies that focus on specific locations in the Moonsea and provide you with more chances to play.

Highlights:

• Moonsea-Based Stories: While upcoming D&D Adventurers League seasons might move around the Forgotten Realms as their stories unfold, our stories will always be based in and around the Moonsea. You may romp up and down the Sword Coast, saving the day (or not), but for these adventures, your home will always be back in the Moonsea. And your home will be changing around you, because of you!
  • Trilogy-Based Story Telling: Each of our releases will be in the form of a trilogy. They will be released through the Dungeon Masters Guild after their premiere period has passed. This means you will get an entire story to play at one time.
  • Convention/Gameday Support: Each of those trilogies will also have a special adaptable adventure attached to it for larger public events to run. This gives public shows the ability to band together their players to make lasting changes to the Moonsea. More details on these adaptable adventures and how to apply to run them at your convention/game day are coming soon.
  • Character Driven Stories: Our adventures provide you with the ability to affect the story in a permanent and noticeable fashion. Throw your support behind the throne, or join in with those trying to pull the chair out from under the current leader. You choose. Special events around the Moonsea give players the ability to make a choice and see the immediate consequences unfold.

darjr

I crit!
This is great news. They did the Ashes of Athes organized play mods and it looks like Mr Merwin from the current AL is on board. I really like a lot of what he's done.

turkeygiant

First Post
It would be even better news if it leads to WOTC putting out a Moonsea Adventurer's Guide.

That would be pretty cool, I like the travelogue format of the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide, it struck a good balance between talking about the politics of an entire region and giving setting specific plot hooks for the individual locations within that region. The one thing the SCAG was missing in my opinion was a few smaller destinations with some simple adventures attached to them. It sounds like this trilogy of Moonsea adventures could fill exactly that role.

gweinel

Explorer
That would be pretty cool, I like the travelogue format of the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide, it struck a good balance between talking about the politics of an entire region and giving setting specific plot hooks for the individual locations within that region. The one thing the SCAG was missing in my opinion was a few smaller destinations with some simple adventures attached to them. It sounds like this trilogy of Moonsea adventures could fill exactly that role.

Or better a gazetteer like book. Like these excellent Mystara books :)

turkeygiant

First Post
Or better a gazetteer like book. Like these excellent Mystara books :)

I'm not familiar with these Mystara gazetteers you speak of.

I do have the Inner Sea World Guide for Pathfinder which has a gazetteer for every nation...but I really think it is kinda useless on its own. They cover a couple dozen large regions but with too little detail for my liking. I don't think they really present enough information on any of the nations in the book to run a campaign in them, you really need one of their campaign modules to get a good understanding of any of the areas presented.

SCAG has a lot more utility to me by pulling in and making individual cities it's focus, not nations. I wouldn't call it a "in-depth" book by any means, but it at least presents a region where you can see how the parts fit together on the scale of your players, not just on the geopolitical level.

SCAG is also the "update FR to 5th edition timeline" book, as well as a guide for players of the Neverwinter MMO. So while we may get more regional source books in the future, I do not think they will be set up the same way.

bruceparis

Explorer
Congratulations to Dave and Baldman Games. Nice guy, great gamer. I very much look forward to see what comes next for the Adventurer's League. :))

Turelim

First Post
I'm still waiting for online site like the one they have for MtG :(
Good news, but I want to see my progress as DM or as Player directly in WotC site.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases