Can't see new posts in the thread on harassment in gaming

evilbob

Explorer
I also had assumed this was a feature of the ignore function: I noticed one thread in particular was getting a lot of posts by someone I had ignored (I could tell through quotes) and it was throwing off the page count. However I can also report that I have not noticed this issue today, either.

CapnZapp

Legend
I think it may have something to do with the new ignore functionality. It's now a two way block -- if I ignore you, I remove not only your posts from my view, but also my posts from your view.
Hang on a minute. So now you could see if I ignore you? (If suddenly my posts disappear from a thread we both posted in, you'd know you'd been ignored)

I thought it was a point of forum ignore features, that you'd be doing it silently? In fact, I thought it was considered bad form to reveal when you use Ignore.

But perhaps I'm mixing up different forum rules...?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Privacy and anti-harassment tools are a good thing, yes, when you're trying to maintain a family-friendly environment.

Sorry, that's begging the question. Does this forum have a problem with the current ignore feature that a block feature is warranted? Does a block feature achieve some goal that you have? I don't see how block features promote a family friendly environment, can you explain (it's my understanding that moderation promotes the family friendly area, blocking others doesn't do anything I can discern on that front)?

Of course, you can always just say 'shut up, Ovinomancer, I'm the boss and I do what I want.'

CapnZapp

Legend
Please accept my apologies Morrus for being unclear: I wanted to ask if Enworld is such a forum where it is against etiquette or the rules to tell somebody "that's it now I'm putting you on my ignore list"?

(As I said, I could be mixing things up. It could be a rpg.net thing)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Please accept my apologies Morrus for being unclear: I wanted to ask if Enworld is such a forum where it is against etiquette or the rules to tell somebody "that's it now I'm putting you on my ignore list"?

Yes, it is. Though with this upgrade, they won't actually see you say it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases