Polyhedron # 155: Delta Green for CoC or d20 Modern?

blue crane

First Post
I would just like to know whether the Delta Green Mini-Campaign Setting is geared towards Call of Cthulhu d20 or rather the d20 Modern RPG?

Further, could someone please tell me what I can expect from this material in "Polyhedron"?

Thanking you in advance,
Blue Crane

Neowolf

First Post
Delta Green has always been a Call of Cthulhu setting, but since D20 Modern is the newer product, I'm guessing it could go either way. However, since the CoC book has all the monster stats, they'd probably have to provide some guidelines for porting them over to D20M.

Last edited:

archer8228

First Post
The article in Poly #155 is an adventure. It uses the D20 CoC rules, not d20 Modern. All the characters and NPCs are made using those rules. It includes stats for what monsters it uses. It would be pretty easy to convert to d20 modern. I haven't run it, but it seems like a pretty good adventure.

Shapermc

First Post
I am getting tired of this. All people want to do with CoC stuff it seems is turn it into d20 Modern stuff. WTF!?!?! It says it is for CoC.... Did you find the stats for a Mi-Go (if you even know what one is) in you d20 modern book?

NeuroZombie

Explorer
What difference does it make what game people wanna use for it Shaper? Let them convert!

Geez.... blow a gasket over nunthin'

Thats what makes the d20 system so great, the fact that you can use material from "x" game with "y" game with little or no problems.

Anyway, If I wanted to run straight CoC I would use Chaosiums version anyway. Must better at campturing the flavor.

Shapermc

First Post
NeuroZombie said:
What difference does it make what game people wanna use for it Shaper? Let them convert!

Geez.... blow a gasket over nunthin'

Thats what makes the d20 system so great, the fact that you can use material from "x" game with "y" game with little or no problems.

Anyway, If I wanted to run straight CoC I would use Chaosiums version anyway. Must better at campturing the flavor.
Sorry :( must be that early-monday-morning-jadded post flu that has been going around.

No but seriously, every where that I turn it seems like people are using CoC (d20) stuff as a d20M supplemental. Almost every CoC post turns (or starts out as) a way to turn it to the advantage of d20M.

D20M is not that good of a system anyways.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Shapermc said:
D20M is not that good of a system anyways.

What!?! :)

* Joe quickly boards a flight to New Orleans armed with chicken & matza ball soup as ShaperMC's fever has obviously not broken yet. ;) *

:D

NeuroZombie

Explorer
I actually prefer modern over CoC and to a certain extent, d&d. I plan on runing my next fantasy campaign with d20M.

To each his own, I always say!

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Shapermc said:
...D20M is not that good of a system anyways.

While I disagree with you there, Shaper (I like d20M a lot - except for the wealth bonus, but that's another thread ;)), I do agree that d20M is not a good system to run CoC with. I tends to allow overpowered investigators, and shifts the flavor of the game from Lovecraftian horror.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
VorpalBunny said:
(I like d20M a lot - except for the wealth bonus, but that's another thread ;)),

What!?! Call the CDC, I think there's an epidemic! :)

Personally, I think the Wealth system is absolutely elegant in design and implementation!

* Joe hops the ferry to Staten Island with another bowl of chicken & matza ball soup for Vorpal Bunny ;) *

:D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases