• 32- 35 Years. Grand Master.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • 36-39 Years. Grognard.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • 40+ Years. Relic.

Votes: 7 9.0%

pdzoch

Explorer
My Grandmaster dice. The last survivors of my original set purchased in 1981. Now in the capable hands of my daughter. Those sharp corners were a little more common back in the day, except for the budget dice. Nowadays, almost all the dice are rounded unless you buy premium dice. Though, I did have to color in the numbers with a crayon, which was pretty much universal back then. Painted numbers are the norm now.

Attachments

• Dice.jpg
    Dice.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Rottle

First Post
I have a d12 from '77 and most of the set from the basic box from '81 or '82. The d12 is in better shape the box set dice are pretty much round and near unreadable.

ccs

41st lv DM
I have two left from my original Basic set. My favorite d20 & the d12.
They've been serving me well since Christmas morning, 1980.

fjw70

Adventurer
I have a few from 82-83. I don't use them anymore. The d20 is almost a sphere now. The oldest ones I still use I would have got around 85-86. Those dies were much better made.

MechaPilot

Explorer
My dice are relatively new, only about 12 to 14 years old, but that's largely because I've lost a few sets of dice during various relocations. If I hadn't lost my first set of dice in a move, then my oldest set would be 25 years old.

pdzoch

Explorer
My dice are relatively new, only about 12 to 14 years old, but that's largely because I've lost a few sets of dice during various relocations. If I hadn't lost my first set of dice in a move, then my oldest set would be 25 years old.

I think most of us understand that challenge. The only reason I still have a few of my original dice was because my mom kept them with the rest of my junk the first ten or so years after I left home. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have lost them, too.

Remove ads