New "Block" functionality not working?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's not *that* bad, Mistwell. It's mildly annoying at best - it took you 8 months to notice! And, yes, somebody is constantly fixing minor bugs, including these.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
And now I notice when I get XP for a comment in a thread where someone else has blocked me, because it messes up post linkage, I cannot even click on the XP to see which comment was given XP. It instead takes me to someone else's post.

This is bad guys. A LOT of functionality is broken by this new blocking feature. It's making the board in general a lot more difficult to use in unintended ways. Is anyone working to fix these problems?

My big complaint is I don't like being bullied by people forcing me to block them against my will. I don't have a problem with them not wanting to see my posts. I do have a problem with people "taking my lunch money" when I don't want them to.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
It's not *that* bad, Mistwell. It's mildly annoying at best - it took you 8 months to notice! And, yes, somebody is constantly fixing minor bugs, including these.

It took me 8 months to notice because it took 8 months for someone to block me and cause all these headaches. And yeah, it's bad. I cannot click on "new posts". I cannot click on "someone quoted you". I cannot click on "someone gave you XP". I cannot click on links to EnWorld from other sites to see a particular post. The combination of these problems makes it a lot harder to navigate EnWorld (particularly the new posts part, that is my first access point to all threads) - and it doesn't seem minor to me which is why I posted about it (not like I have a long history over the last decade of posting to Meta a lot). And for what? It sure doesn't seem like the benefits to EnWorld outweigh these harms. Why not turn that sub-system off until it's fixed, given it's obviously not functioning as intended at the moment?

Remove ads