PATHFINDER Features On One-Off Special Episode of CRITICAL ROLE

Critical Role, the weekly web show from Geek & Sundry, usually features a game of D&D 5th Edition. However, tonight (April 18th) at 7pm PST (3am GMT) the show will feature a one-off game of Pathfinder. It's being sponsored by Paizo and the Syrinscape sound app. The session, run as usual by Matthew Mercer, will be a three-hour session; the press release (below) says it focuses on "their goblin module". Also playing will be Marsha Ray, Taliesin Jaffe, Ashly Burch, Phil LaMarr, and Ivan Van Norman.
fe974912-c08a-4ad8-ac8a-38cf048948fe.jpg
Click on the goblins to jump to the live-stream site!

[h=4]Press Release[/h]
GEEK & SUNDRY TEAMS UP WITH PATHFINDER AND SYRINSCAPE FOR CRITICAL ROLE ONE SHOT
Tonight at 7pm PST, Popular Gaming Show Critical Role will Experience the Great Goblin Takeover with Pathfinder RPG and Syrinscape

Burbank, CA – April 18, 2016 -- Tonight at 7pm PST, Critical Role cast members and guests will be doing a one-of-a-kind live stream on twitch.tv/geekandsundry. Critical Role One Shot is sponsored by the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Syrinscape sound app in celebration of Geek & Sundry’s International TableTop Day, which is April 30th.

Critical Role plays an immersive RPG (role-playing game) campaign every Thursday night on Geek & Sundry Live and has become an underground sensation, consistently reaching over 20,000 concurrent viewers every week and over one million minutes watched per episode. On April 18th, Game Master Matthew Mercer will take viewers through a three-hour campaign using Paizo’s Pathfinder RPG, focusing on their goblin module accompanied by Syrinscape’s sound app to enhance the player’s experience.

Matthew Mercer says, “Pathfinder has been one of my mainstay RPG systems for years now and generally one of my favorites. With such breadth in character customization, rich world settings, and a familiar yet deep system for running your own games, I've run just as many Pathfinder games as I have any other system. Our own Critical Role campaign, and the world of Exandria, started in and was run in Pathfinder for over two years! I greatly enjoy running Pathfinder games, and have been excitedly implementing the Syrinscape sound app into my games to elevate immersion and atmosphere even further!".

Joining him for this special live stream will be Marisha Ray and Taliesin Jaffe of Critical Role, with special guests that include actors and writers Ashly Burchand Phil LaMarr and also Ivan Van Norman, Game Master on the hit show, No Survivors, which airs on Geek & Sundry Live on Monday nights.

During the stream and through the end of International Tabletop Day on April 30, a selection of Paizo and Syrinscape’s goblin-oriented products will be offered at a 25% discount at paizo.com/goblins. Also, viewers will have the chance to win prizes throughout the stream, and one lucky winner will win a Grand Prize of Pathfinder RPG products and a one-year subscription to Syrinscape, everything needed to run an epic Pathfinder game.

Critical Role has been running their game for three years and began sharing their game play with a live audience via #GnSLive for just over one year. The cast will be celebrating their 50th episode on April 21st.

Samurai

Adventurer
I've rewatched some of my favorite parts several times, like "I wanna RAGE!" I think whenever a player is reluctant to dive into his character and give it a unique voice and personality they should be shown this video, to show just how fun it can be, how all the other players and GM feed off of it which increases their fun and immersion, and how it creates a memorable character and experience. Try imagining that game with the players NOT getting into character, not doing the voices, gestures and mannerisms, and playing it "3rd person", such as "my character will rage and attack the enemy Paladin..." What a totally different game that would be.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases