How to ruin a classic movie

Joker

First Post
Up first we have the classic neo-noir sci-fi film by Ridley Scott and the amended final words of Roy Batty:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like farts...in...wind. Time to die."

Enjoy your next viewing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like that movie. Never made it all the way through. It's just so boring!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Citizen Kane: "Rosebud" was a female impersonator.

Wizard of Oz: Dorothy slips into a coma and dies.

The original Star Wars trilogy: let George Lucas re-edit them.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like that movie. Never made it all the way through. It's just so boring!

You're definitely not the only one. I like it, but John Campea formerly of Collider Movie Talk has said several times that he didn't like it.

Dog Moon

Adventurer

I had to google Roy Batty in order to figure out what movie this thread was even talking about! Which apparently is Blade Runner, if any of you are like me.

I tried to watch it YEARS ago, but I also couldn't make it through the entire thing. I just didn't find it all that interesting or entertaining. Though if you ask me now, it's been so long and for me the movie was so unmemorable I couldn't even tell you what I didn't like about the movie.

MarkB

Legend
You're definitely not the only one. I like it, but John Campea formerly of Collider Movie Talk has said several times that he didn't like it.

I've had trouble getting through it on a few viewings. It's one of those works that is interesting rather than enjoyable - it contains a number of cool and intriguing concepts, and most of them are done well, but there's a lot to sit through in order to experience them.

Joker

First Post

Pumpyourbrakeskid.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Princess Bride: let M. Night Shaymalan* remake it.

Taxi Driver: remake as Über Driver, starring Andy Dick

* see also possible substitutes like Uwe Boll, Michael Bay, and, of course, George Lucas.

Remove ads