[WOIN] Fantasy Core Is Here!

[WOIN] Fantasy Core, a core rulebook for the What's OLD is NEW (WOIN) roleplaying game system, is here! "This manual contains the core rules of the What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. roleplaying game system, designed for a fantasy campaign. While other books tell you how to create a character or build a world, this book tells you how to play the game. With rules for attribute checks, countdowns, luck, combat, injury & death, objects, and the environment, inside you'll find all the the rules you need to adjudicate any task your characters might attempt. This book is fully compatible with all W.O.I.N. supplements, and is a What's O.L.D. is N.E.W. core rulebook."

Kickstarter backers please check your emails for your copies. Everyone else, click on the page below to buy the PDF from RPGNow. The softcover will be available in a week or two.

FantCore-Front-200.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 00.34.21.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 00.35.05.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 00.35.17.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Does the Fantasy Core book have some basic monsters included, like dragons?

Not in that specific book, but there are tons for free on the website (which will be in the Bestiary when it is released) so you have plenty to play with. Along with comprehensive guidelines and rules for designing your own monsters!

Lucas Yew

Explorer
Thanks for the reply! Will I get any discounts with the upcoming standalone hardcover(s) PDF if I've already bought portions that are included in it? If not, I'll have to wait more while saving money until that classy single book finally arrives on the market...

Edit: In fact, I just decided to buy the three booklets for OLD anyway. It's just SO happens to be what I envisioned to be a game rule of my taste (bell curve probability, crunchy, open game, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:

Yup, there's both Future and Fantasy bestiaries coming. They aren't enormous 300-page Monster Manual style things though - they're 40-50 page soft covers. Monsters will get a LOT of detail.

In the meantime, all the monsters designed for the system are up on the Bestiary on the official website at www.woinrpg.com.

Excellent! Thanks for the link. I'm pitching NEW to my group this week, want to run a campaign with it soon.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases