Daredevil Season Two?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Is it just that I missed the thread(s), or has nobody here discussed Daredevil Season 2 much?

I am only a couple of episodes in (I am not a binge-watcher by nature, nor one by available schedule), so I'm still holding back from spoilers, so let me ask this way: Did nobody find this season worth much discussion?

Janx

Hero
I dunno. I think since we all watch shows asynchronously now, it makes it harder to talk about them.

We liked Season 2. I hope you enjoy it a well.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There was some discussion in other threads, but I don't think there was a dedicated thread.

I enjoyed the season, although I felt the first one was more cohesive - this had two storylines which didn't really mesh. Punisher was much more interesting to me than Elektra.

Ryujin

Legend
There was some discussion in other threads, but I don't think there was a dedicated thread.

I enjoyed the season, although I felt the first one was more cohesive - this had two storylines which didn't really mesh. Punisher was much more interesting to me than Elektra.

I would agree with this. Season one was better but two was still solid, and Punisher made for a more compelling character.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I would agree with this. Season one was better but two was still solid, and Punisher made for a more compelling character.

Yep thats my assessment too, Season 2 maintained the aspects that made season 1 great and core characters were further developed but there were still some holes and things that didn't quite gel with the biggest being the disconnect between the two major storylines. Indeed DD was barely needed for the Punisher story to progress

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I just watched the third episode.

DD is needed for the Punisher story to progress, largely because (at least so far) you don't have *story* without DD, because there's really nothing in Punisher's way. DD is the thing that slows Punisher down enough to tell a story, and gives something to which Punisher can be compared and contrasted. They are foils for each other, and that conflict is where story comes from.

Meanwhile, I just love Foggy.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I just watched the third episode.

DD is needed for the Punisher story to progress, largely because (at least so far) you don't have *story* without DD, because there's really nothing in Punisher's way. DD is the thing that slows Punisher down enough to tell a story, and gives something to which Punisher can be compared and contrasted. They are foils for each other, and that conflict is where story comes from.

Meanwhile, I just love Foggy.

yup Foggy definitely got the best treatment in this story, his character development was very good and fit the arc well. Honestly Foggy is probably the most interesting character this season (except of course that limelight will naturally go to Punisher simply for being who he is).

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
I actually preferred the second season to the first. With Foggy and Karen moved to effectively co-leads rather than supporting cast, and with the interwoven-but-not-interconnected stories, it felt more like a real, living world rather than the how-badly-can-Matt-Murdoch-get-beaten-up-this-week feel of much of the first season. They're both very good, but I felt that widening the focus in the second season was a positive move.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Just watched the 4th episode, where Punisher gets humanized a bit.

Our second antagonist appeared at the end of the episode (kind of predictably, but that's okay). It will be interesting to see where it goes now.

Remove ads