American man visits the Isle of Skye

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
An actual excerpt from the local newspaper there.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 134

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I would imagine the Isle of Skye receives a fair number of American visitors each year; and if that is the case, then an American arrival there would more likely be newsworthy if the visitor is famous. After all, the Isle is quite famous in song even in the USA. (It's a song about a boat, I believe.)

Links to YouTube:
1. Irish singer Noel McLoughlin sings the whole song. (There are lyrics below the track listing.)
2. The only name given in the notes is Kenneth McKellar. (Wearing a kilt, sitting on the gunwale of a boat.)
3. Irish Roses: Women of Celtic Song. (Soft and slow. The accompaniment is piano, not bagpipes.)
4. Vintage Rod Stewart video with bagpipes and appropriate scenery. (Only the chorus and first verse are repeated, so it's not the whole song. The video segues into a concert given at Sterling Castle.)
5. A video of "the Isle of Skye & Kylerhea Ferry plus Eilean Donan Castle," with Pipes and Drums.
6. Bagpipes only, for the purists. (no lyrics: pure instrumental).

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Well, I failed my Kn (Geography) Check. Fortunately I got enough successes on my Matrix Search Check to learn the location of the Isle of Skye. :)

I do like the last line though: "his marriage to a woman who gained notoriety for a sex tape". Classy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases