$17,000 bucks for a two-hour plane ride?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Not necessarily. Leia may well have considered that winning the philosophical point wasn't worth the price of a few billion lives each time the Death Star blew up a planet.

Well, since we're discussing my joke a bit more seriously, I don't think that was the reason. I think she blew it up because if she didn't, she loses. They couldn't fight it conventionally, so blowing it up via the plans was the only way they had a chance to beat the Empire.

delericho

Legend
Well, since we're discussing my joke a bit more seriously, I don't think that was the reason. I think she blew it up because if she didn't, she loses. They couldn't fight it conventionally, so blowing it up via the plans was the only way they had a chance to beat the Empire.

Well, yeah, there's that too. :)

Water Bob

Adventurer
Has anybody else noticed that Luke seems to use Vader's favorite use of the Force, the Choke, in Return of the Jedi? When he fights his way into Jabba's palace at the start of the film, there's a quick cut where he motions to one of the Gamorrean guards. The guard quickly repels from Luke, grabbing his throat.

That's a legitimate use of the Force for a Jedi?

Water Bob

Adventurer
Well, I'll be...

I'm scanning through a supplement for the D6 Star Wars roleplaying game. This particular book is Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley, published by WEG in 1993.

I'm flipping through, and something catches my eye. An NPC. His name? Mace Windu.

No kidding!

Six YEARS before Sam Jackson took the part in 1999's The Phantom Menace.

Mace Windu in the GG is no Jedi. He's a squib. He's an airhead, and he's working in a droid shop.

WEG40069_500.jpeg

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
maybe it is not about 2 x amount of time, but distance.

given the possibility of 2 hours

given C = 300,000,000 meters/ second or 186,000 miles/second

then 2 hours of time would have taken them at 1.5C

3.24 *10^12 meters
or
2.0088*10^10 miles

that is a log ways to go in a short tim, so 17,000 cr for that distance? worth it.

delericho

Legend
Loathe as I am to reference the prequels, in RotS Padme notes that she saw Anakin "yesterday" while he's in the process of killing the Separatist leaders on Mustafar.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Loathe as I am to reference the prequels, in RotS Padme notes that she saw Anakin "yesterday" while he's in the process of killing the Separatist leaders on Mustafar.
now go wash yourself after trudging through that mess!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases