Fighting fantasy d20!

Krug

Newshound
If you read Morrus' Gencon Uk report, you'll probably stumble across that piece of info about Fighting Fantasy D20! Woohoo! I'm all for it! I loved The Warlock of Firetop Mountain! I think it'll really help to introduce new gamers to RPGs. Wonder who's issuing it. Puffin?

Hi Krug! :)

I saw these at Gencon UK.

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Caverns of the Snow Witch. They looked good (from what little I could glean) if a mite short.

Surely Deathtrap Dungeon should be a mega-adventure?

Carnifex

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hi Krug! :)

I saw these at Gencon UK.

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain and Caverns of the Snow Witch. They looked good (from what little I could glean) if a mite short.

Surely Deathtrap Dungeon should be a mega-adventure?

Re Deathtrap Dungeon - I thought the original adventure was alright. But has anyone played the computer game version?

Sure, it has its problems, graphics aren't great, etc., but it's got some very, very cool stuff. The weapons are neat, (Infernal Machine! :D) and the design of the levels is really imaginative. 55 different enemies, for gods sake, and they're almost all pretty cool. I'd love to see *that* translated into a mega-adventure, in fact I'm tempted to try it myself.

Imagine a party, slicing their way through the circus, (very cool level), assaulting the fortifications of the ratmen's city, burning their way through the insectoid denizens of the Hive, and fighting the dark knights of the subterranean castle.

I feel all inspired now :)

Hey Carnifex! :)

Carnifex said:
Re Deathtrap Dungeon - I thought the original adventure was alright. But has anyone played the computer game version?

Sure, it has its problems, graphics aren't great, etc., but it's got some very, very cool stuff. The weapons are neat, (Infernal Machine! :D) and the design of the levels is really imaginative. 55 different enemies, for gods sake, and they're almost all pretty cool. I'd love to see *that* translated into a mega-adventure, in fact I'm tempted to try it myself.

Imagine a party, slicing their way through the circus, (very cool level), assaulting the fortifications of the ratmen's city, burning their way through the insectoid denizens of the Hive, and fighting the dark knights of the subterranean castle.

I feel all inspired now :)

You might want to consider using elements from the Scarred Lands setting. The Creature Collections (1&2) have Ratmen and the Carnival Krewe (quasi-circus troupe type villains).

Arnwyn

First Post
Can anyone who saw these provide more info? For me, this is "BIG NEWS" - as big as 3.5e.

Price? Pages? Maps? Closeness to original game books? Availability in North America? Release dates? Anything?

senodam

First Post
My sweet lord- the greatest fantasy world ever is going D20? Hoody Hoo! I actually ran Island of the Lizard King and Knights of Doom in my D&D campaign a while back. Time to dust off my copy of Titan now.
Ooh, and if anyone is interested, go check out www.advancedfightingfantasy.com it's a fun place.

Last edited:

Eternalknight

First Post
Wow! Fighting Fantasy and Lone Wolf in the same year! I think I'm in heaven :cool:

It was these two series that got me into role-playing in the first place.

The Advanced Fighting Fantasy site just says that Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone sold the FF RPG rites....

Here's hoping we get the Sorcery series and City of Thieves...

Hi arnwyn! :)

arnwyn said:
Can anyone who saw these provide more info? For me, this is "BIG NEWS" - as big as 3.5e.

Price? Pages? Maps? Closeness to original game books? Availability in North America? Release dates? Anything?

If memory serves me right, they were 32 pages (I think), and about £9-10. There were some maps I seem to recall. I didn't think the artwork was as good as the original gamebooks either.

I would suggest having a look before buying them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases