Death in Ravenloft after receiving all 4 Dark Gifts?

RulesJD

First Post
Honestly I love that DMs are feeling more comfortable about actually letting players die. It helps players realize that they have to actually be worried about their character that they've put a lot of effort into.

It also helps differentiate between T1 and T2 play when players realize they can't just be automatically revived.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
I wonder if the intent of the unremovable side effect of accepting Dark Powers Charity wasn't going to be revealed later to be a huge drawback, resulting in a lot of disappointed players when they realized that their character was now hugely restricted.

That would be in keeping with the flavor of Ravenloft, if not the operating procedure of most power-gamers.

--
Pauper

What Pauper? You think the Dark Powers would give you something with strings attached? Of course not. They are super Lawful Good and always reward those folks who just got in a tough spot. In fact I bet you such characters will get even more "gifts" and "benefits"... Indeed, maybe they will even get a little place to call their own... for ever....

Pauper

Hmm...looks like I need to get busy writing up my new Ravenloft domain of rules-lawyers. There may well be a significant influx of immigration there in a couple of months...

--
Pauper

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
You know I read all this and it makes me think, Ive only had ONE character die in my Ravenloft scenarios so far, and hes a character that always signs up late to play and most of the time cant get a seat on the table. I feel like Im gonna be alone amongst the horde of Dark Giftettes when the bad part of the equation comes and there is some nasty restriction on their character (Personally Id love it to be that any healing spell cast on them always awards the min hp available that the spell can provide... something to really get them angry)

RulesJD

First Post
*snip* (Personally Id love it to be that any healing spell cast on them always awards the min hp available that the spell can provide... something to really get them angry)

Unless they happen to have a certain Dark Gift that prevents 95% of all healing in the game from working on them anyways *cough cough*

Pauper

Based on Skerritt's (admittedly humorous) response above, I'm willing to bet the restriction is much simpler -- characters with Touched by the Mists will be unable to use the exits from Ravenloft when they appear in the DDAL modules, and will not leave Ravenloft once the hard-cover is completed. (Whether those trapped PCs end up being the darklords of their own domains is a role-playing question.)

>: )

--
Pauper

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I just hope its something intimidating and something people dont want. Ive read horror stories of people being killed mid module just to come back right as rain with their Dark Gift. I want something that truly does cause countless posts of facebook calling people out and at least 10 seperate reddit threads and enworld forum topics for months to come.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases