Which items count towards number of permanent magic items

Coredump

Explorer
I posted this on FB, but I don't have a lot of faith in that medium.

I am trying to determine precisely which items still count as a permanent magic item once they are no longer useful. When they get destroyed, or run out of uses, or can't be recharged, or.....

From what I can tell, the rulings have changed over the seasons, and I can't find anything definitive.... even regarding changes I 'know', I can't find any supporting info.

So...... any input? And any documentation?

Coredump

Explorer
I will start.

"Consumables" like Keoghtmens ointment will no longer count when it is used up. But does anything else count as a 'consumable'? IIRC something recent from an Admin said consumables were potions and scrolls.....

The Season 4 DM Reward item (Goggles of Night, Figurine of Wondrous Power) specifically note they do not count toward the character's magic item count.

I will start.

"Consumables" like Keoghtmens ointment will no longer count when it is used up. But does anything else count as a 'consumable'? IIRC something recent from an Admin said consumables were potions and scrolls.....
Any magic items with unrecoverable charges, like Necklace of Fireballs.

RulesJD

First Post
What about a Magic Item like a Shield Guardian?

Not technically consumable, but still destroyable? Personally I say it should count towards the permanent number (I say this as a player with one).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases