We have our new Han Solo!

Chimpy

First Post
I've seen some people upset that having a different actor play a young Solo will detract from, or taint, Harrison Ford's role, but I kind of see Ford's Solo as a closed book, and this is an opportunity for a new, different one.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For me, it's not that at all. It's that many characters are best left without their origins being explored. The mystery makes them more interesting. Vader, Fett. I didn't need or want to see the 10 year old version of either. And I think Solo is a more powerful character without a backstory.

I'd love to see more stories in that time period, though.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
For me, it's not that at all. It's that many characters are best left without their origins being explored. The mystery makes them more interesting. Vader, Fett. I didn't need or want to see the 10 year old version of either. And I think Solo is a more powerful character without a backstory.

I'd love to see more stories in that time period, though.

I'm hoping they do some flash back scenes between Harrison Ford Solo and the new guy as a kind of handing over the torch sort of think and it has the added cheese of being like Young Indiana Jones:).

Han Solo is a huge character and seeing new stories with him would be great, but dangerous due to Fords iconic status. I like that they've put an unknown up and comer in ...

Remove ads