Fairy Tale Classes

G

Guest 6801328

Just for fun, and inspired by my Warlock: Crone Patron sub-class, I started thinking about classes inspired by fairy tales (including...dare I say it...the Disney variety).

Here's a rough sketch of what I came up with...still all quite vague and preliminary:

Fighter: the Lionheart
Concept: rushes boldly into danger heedless of the odds, defending the helpless from evil
- "Shining Armor": When you are within 5' of enemies whose Challenge Ratings total more than your level, and no allies are within 5' of you or those enemies, those enemies' attacks against you are made with Disadvantage
- "Faithful Friend": When an ally within 30' drops to zero hit points, you gain temporary HP equal to twice their level
- Advantage on saves vs. Fear
- I'm also trying to figure out a cool mechanic that triggers when you fail a Wisdom test.

Bard: the Ingénue
Concept: 'Why can't we all just get along? That evil witch is kidnapping children and...oh, look, a bunny!"
- Something to do with small woodland creatures and domesticated beasts, e.g. summon with a song, or Speak with Animals, or Advantage on Animal Handling
- Dispel Magic on allies with a touch
- Advantage on Death saves

Ranger: the Woodsman
- Advantage on Nature/Arcana checks involving Giants, Fey, Beasts, and Plants
- not sure what else....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases