My First Midnight Character

gambler1650

Explorer
Ok, I've discovered one more thing I like about Midnight. It makes it even easier for me to develop a character based on his history, rather than min/maxing, since the world is so vibrant:

I decided to make a Snow Elf Channeler and before my first roll decided he would have the Heroic Path of "Healer". That's a path that's likely to be quite important in an area that's basically a war zone for a 'support' type character. He would also be Charismatic, since the ability to influence people around him would be something likely learned in a desperate situation. A Snow Elf gets a +2 in Dexterity and a -2 in Constitution.

My rolls turned out to be:

I assigned the attributes as follows

Str: 9
Dex: 19 (17+2)
Con: 10 (12-2)
Int: 15
Wis: 10
Cha: 17

Since Snow Elves are automatically proficient in long and short bows, the adding of 17 to Dexterity makes sense, since even a spellcaster needs to be good with a weapon in this world. Not to mention it's useful for a spellcaster to be able to move quickly. With the two Druidic spell-like abilities from a 10 Wisdom, I gave Purify Water and Mending (important qualities in a frontier region). The free Level 0 spell for taking Magecraft I chose as (damn, forgot how to spell it... Predestigation or something) because in an area of such bleakness, this character wants to bring some hope and joy to the children through the simple displays of magic. Illusion was chosen as the other School of magic he knows because in a fight against superior numbers of forces, stealth and misdirection are more important than straight firepower.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases