(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 2 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaboom

First Post
Why didn't my sea forces worn the lendor fleet about the sahogin.
The sky-sea league has not been fighting for the iron league.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Very well. The Sky-Sea League is not fighting for the Iron League.
Acererak's forces are making good headway there.

Your sea forces did warn the fleet.
Otherwise, the sahuagin would have taken it by complete surprise and destroyed it.

As it is, it's a 50/50 battle at the moment.

- - -

Despite all efforts to stop them, the drow, giants, and humanoids (who had secretly snuck down Below, and laughed as their enemies supposedly conquered the surface) have swarmed up and retaken the heights of all the mountains.
The Barrier Peaks, Crystalmists, and Hellfurnaces fall back into their control.

The Yeomanry is now fighting for it's life against the onslaught of the Hive Cluster, and it is likely to fall unless reinforced.

The drow and their allies are now in a good position to strike at Geoff, Sterich, Istivar, Ull, and even Bissel.

As the forces of the Dark Union fall back in disarray from their north coast, as the giants, stormriders, swanmay, and other forces beat them back, a lone figure appears.
An illithid.
But not just any illithid - this is Anabstercorian, and his power is titanic.
With his mind blasts, he whelms the leading stormriders, blowing rider and tornado away.
He explodes the brains of giants, their bodies crashing to the earth.
He levels psionic blasts at the swanmays, sending them reeling to the earth, clutching their heads in agony.

A cheer rises up from the forces of the Dark Union, who then stop retreating and charge to the onslaught.
But the illithid, then disappears.

In the Duchy of Urnst, the defenders are losing against the League of the Warlords, the Shades, and the Unholy Knights of the Lost Isles.
Until a lone illithid appears.
With his mental blasts, he knocks those knights off their horses, pulverizing their bodies inside their armor.
Savage frontiersmen of the Warlords fall, bleeding from their eyes and ears, as their minds are destroyed.
The Shades defend themselves, but the psionic power levelled against them strips their defenses, and slays them, sending their souls howling into the afterlife.
The attack is broken, and the defenders, astounded by this unlooked for help, rally and attack.
The illithid disappears.

And so it goes, in battles all across the Flanaess.
That illithid keeps showing up, always fighting on the losing side, always disappearing before he can be killed, always causing the battle to flare up hotter than ever, bloody stalemates in many areas.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Re: Black Omega, Kaboom, Dagger: Thanks

William Ronald said:
Guys, thanks for helping out. I am sorry if I gave anyone offense in using troops while you were away. Edena said I could do so for allied forces. I hope I was not presumptive and ask your pardon.
No worries, we discussed this earlier. We're all set.

And note, I'm offline for the rest of the night now, going out with friends. Don't take all my territory while I'm gone.:)

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Despite all efforts to stop them, the drow, giants, and humanoids (who had secretly snuck down Below, and laughed as their enemies supposedly conquered the surface) have swarmed up and retaken the heights of all the mountains.
The Barrier Peaks, Crystalmists, and Hellfurnaces fall back into their control.

The Yeomanry is now fighting for it's life against the onslaught of the Hive Cluster, and it is likely to fall unless reinforced.

The drow and their allies are now in a good position to strike at Geoff, Sterich, Istivar, Ull, and even Bissel.

The Armies of The Kevoland Leauge fight feircely for every yard of land. when the enemy takes a trench, they fall back to the next, and unload distructive magic into the lost trench. EArth elementals wait under the enemy and attack them from bellow as they advance, Celestials and Guardials bombard them from above. Also Darkness's forces are here. The orc warriors from Orcreich attack with out fear and with out mercy. The planar gem dragions fly overhead, and fire elementals swarm through the enemy lines. The dao use there Transmute earth to mud ability to further slow down the enemies advance.

A call goes out once more to the Uleks and the sky-sea leauge for help.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Assuming that Varnaith's forces approach the Hollow Highlands and Iron League at least mostly from around the Tilvanot Peninsula, their transports and supplies will be relentlessy harrowed by forces from the Scarlet Brotherhood and the pirate fleets of the Lordship of the Isles. (20 PL)

They will blockade the tiny strait between the peninsula and the Olman Isles, so anything coming from beyond the Denzac gulf will have to pass through a grueling bottleneck.

Water elementals will be summoned to patrol the waters, to guard and scout, and also to start bringing the carcasses of the Dark Union fleet up from the bottom of Relmor Bay and depositing them on the underwater ridge where the blockade is.

-------------------------------

Those forces, on arriving in the Hollow Highlands, next to Acererak's holdings, will have to deal with his personal presence. He is very irked that his assault on the Iron League went less well than expected, and is looking to end opposition in the area quickly so his forces can march north.

When Scarlet forces from their rear are hopefully forcing a rushed disembarkment, he will teleport to the skies directly above the landing area of the Varnaith forces with a small cadre of his most highly honoured liches and vampires, and spew negative energy at anything in sight with crazed abandon!

(He has prepared Horrid Wiltings like nobody's business, all of them at least Empowered 4 or 5 times and Widened at least that much, so he will take bites out of the invaders with a 300 ft radius, cast at level 65). His Howls, a terrible sepulchral screeching can probably be heard all the way to the Iron League, as it drains the life-force of any who come nearby. He will single out leaders, bearing down on them from the sky, and leech their their souls from their bodies in front of their troops to add to the chaos and panic.

Anyone still packed tightly together on the boats should be nice and vulnerable :D

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Important note:

I'm not going to be getting involved in any melee that has any participants that, alone, have a power level equal to or higher than me.

JohnBrown

First Post
Words from Iuz....

This is most likely the only post I am going to be able to make until 10:30 or so Edena-time. Edena pleae look out for my forces...

In the council chambers of the various nations an image appears. It first appears as a small dot of light. The dot of light then becomes a line approximately 32 inches long. The line then becomes a square, within the square can be seen the Seal of the IBKSC -- a grinning skull with the Seal of The Bright Lands, Ket, and Stonehold as each eye and nose respectively. A voice accompanies the image:

"Please hold for and address from the Leadership of the Iuz, Bright Lands, Ket, Stonehold Confederation...."

Those you with connections with Toril instantly recognize this as some sort of magical attempt to duplicate your close-circuit TV technology. It is a poor, incomplete copy. If a demigod and extremely powerful arch-mage wasn't behind it, it probably wouldn't work at all. It is so crude that it almost makes you laugh, yet there is some subtle nuances about it that make you feel a little uneasy....

The image then shifts to a podium, behind which stands Rary the Archmage. Behind him stand Krenth Algorn of Ket and Crewth Redbeard son of the late Sevvord Redbeard, Master of the Hold. Rary clears his throught, clearly uncomfortable about appearing on this "new medium".

"Peoples of Oerth. I the Rary, Vice-president of the IBKSC, Governor of the Bright-Lands, and god, wish to address the many governments of this world. The IBKSC is a fundamentals nation who pray and devote themselves, body and soul to the Pantheon of Power. The Pantheon of Power consists of myself Rary, God of the Bright Desert, Krenth Algorn God of Ket, Crewth Redbeard God of the Hold, and of course Iuz the Mighty God of The Empire. There have been many questions about what our position on this issue and that issue is. We shall address these one at a time."

"To the Solistarm (ANABSTERCORIAN): We are watching you. For over a century there has been no conflict between us, and we wish none now. As I have said, however, we are watching."

"To the Coalition of Light and Shadow, The Circle of Eight, and the Kevellond League (Dark Omega, William Roland): So far we have kept our word, and you have kept yours. We hope this situation can continue, at least until our mutual enemies are defeated. As far as the IBKSC is concerned, 'the enemy of our enemy is our friend'".

"To Vecna (Bonedagger): What is there to say...... (Rary spits on the floor)....moving on"

"To Delrune (Creamsteak): As with Kevellond, we have never been friends, nor are we ever likely to be. For the time being, if you don't molest us, we shall not molest you. We offer you a pact on non-aggression."

"To Erypt, Esmerin, and the Dwarves of the Yatils (Darkness): We have had little or no contact in the past. Are unlikely too in the immediate future. The non-aggression pact offered to your allies, however, is offered to you as well."

"To the Baklunish Confederation (also Darkness) As with Kevellond, you have kept your word and we will keep ours. You have "shared" things with us and as a sign of good faith so shall we share with you (starting this turn)"

"To the Forces of Kas and the Dark Union (Mr. Draco, and Serpenteye): Currently we have a mutual protection pact between our two powers. So far we have kept our side of the bargain. When you besieged at sea, we offered you our shores to land on, our Rhennee pilots for your ships, and our protection while disembarking. When you were besieged by Vecna, we came to your aid. We kept our bargain".

"Assisting you in craving out an empire is not covered in our current agreement. We consider the conflicts you are engaged in the Flinty Crater area to be the cause of imperial expansion, and cannot be truly consider an "attack" on you or your people. If you wish such help it comes at a price. The price is the following:"

1. Any claim you think you had on the Abbor-Alz
2. A 20 mile deep swath of the Urnst State bordering the Abbor-Alz
3. A military alliance against Vecna
4. No action will be taken by you if the IBKSC happens to engage in any military action against anyone that you might happen to be in alliance with.

"This price is not negotiable. If you do not wish to pay it, we understand. We all consider our current non-aggression and pacts and mutual defense pact active and wish to keep the active. We hope you want the same."

"To the forces of the Underdark (Kalanyr, Fiesty Dog, Forsaken One): We have been on friendly terms in the past, we wish to remain that way. You have traded technology with us and we will do so with you (starting this turn). We will continue to do as long as you do."

"To the Bandit Lands (Sollir Furryfoot): We offer a chance to rejoin the IBKSC. Of course your current leader would have to sacrificed to the Pantheon of Power, and you would only be considered a probation member under the direct control of Iuz and myself, but we offer it to you all the same. Think about it"

(OCC: I game terms this means that you would still get to control your territories -- under the banner of the IBKSC -- but your current character would have to die).

"To Turrosh Mak: Well played, sir. We offer to you a non-aggression pact as well."

"To Everyone (because I'm getting tired of writing) else except the Shade: As stated earlier, don't molest us, we won't molest you."

"Too handle the "Shade Issue" (Rary makes hand quotes as he says this), I give to you the president of the IBKCS, and leader of the IBKSC pantheon, Iuz the Mighty."

The image shifts to the left it zooms in awkwardly on a person. There, kneeling on the floor, is a bound and gagged mortal worshipper of Lord Melkor {Talos}. There is a look of terror and desperation on his face. The image then pans up, goes out of focus for a moment, then becomes clear again. Standing behind the man is the bent and stooped figure of Iuz. He paces back and forth for a moment, and then stops squarely behind the frightened man.

"Lord Melkor {Talos} you wish to know what my position concerning you is....."

(Iuz causally rips one of the arms off the man. He then starts to absentmindedly tap his chin with it.)

"Where to start...hmmm...well, first of all I want you to know that I always considered you a potential ally. Its true, you are powerful and I respect that. But, you said something in some of your correspondences to me that were quite disturbing"

(The human cries and whimpers)

"I think it all started with the order, THE ORDER, (Iuz kicks the man him front of him, sound of breaking ribs can be heard) that I attack Kevellond or else you would start annexing my lands."

(More whimpers form the human)

"Is that anyway to talk to a friend?"

"Then, when these accursed pagan religions from Toril started springing up, and certain nations, such as mine, started to take action to remove the infidels you then ordered, ORDERED (Iuz stomps on the man's legs turning then to pulp, he of course screams in pain) not to kill your worshipers in MY LANDS, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD NO REASON TO BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!"

(The man is barely conscious from the pain, but still whimpering)

"Again, is that any way to talk to someone who could offer you help?"

"I say this and I say this only ONCE Melkor..."

(Iuz starts to transform into his demonic form. The transformation is slow and hideous)

YOU HAD BEST START APOLOGIZING RIGHT NOW!!!! If I like your apology, then perhaps arrangements can be made. If not well...

(Iuz starts beating the man to death with his own severed arm. The blood splatters everywhere. Iuz the calms himself and quickly transforms himself back into his old man guise)

"I would hate to see anything happen to you. Is this a threat? No, not really, but from where I stand things aren't going so well for the mighty Shade. By simply withholding my assistance may be enough to bring you down, while my assistance may win the day for you....think about it and get back to me."

The image goes black and is replaced once again by the Seal of the IBKSC. A voice says, "This has been an address from the IBKSC."

The image then disappears....

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena. Divine Iuz

Maudlin said:

Water elementals will be summoned to patrol the waters, to guard and scout, and also to start bringing the carcasses of the Dark Union fleet up from the bottom of Relmor Bay and depositing them on the underground ridge where the blockade is.

I'm glad they are of use to you and wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.
-----

Edena: The Fleets of the Sea Barons join the Sahaugin in attacking the Lendore Fleet.

-----

John Brown: I currently speak for the Shade Empire (Lord Melkor[Talos] will resume control over it when he gets back to the board). Because of this I cannot make any binding agreements in his name that I think he might not accept. Personaly I believe that a conflict between the Shade and the Empire of Iuz would be a horrible mistake for both sides and I know that Lord Melkor feels the same way. Therefore I offer a preliminary apology in his name to any offence he might have caused you. It's of course up to Lord Melkor to confirm or reject this when he gets back. Until then I humbly, very humbly, encourage you to move against the Kevellond or the Fellreev or the Vesve or the Suel Barbarians. I also, in his name publicly support your religion and your right to regulate all religion in your lands.

Speaking for the Dark Union I say this. "I have always felt the greatest respect for you. In fact your status as a deity was one of the main inspirations for my own resent religious program and elevation towards Godhood. The empire of Iuz is known and feared by all, your power is beyond question, but you still need allies. The Dark Union and our allies can help you, in fact we are already helping you, to expand your empire.
We have never had any claims on the Abbor Alz and have no objection to you taking the area.
We cannot give what we do not have. The County of Urnst is held by the Shade. I will not give up any land in melkor's name.
Vecna is a menace to all of Oerth, but he has so far been difficult to track down. It's in the interest of all of Oerth to unite against Vecna (however temporarily such an alliance could last). The Dark Union will therefore gladly ally with you against Vecna.
The last point is much more troublesome. I consider both the Shade and the Warrior Kingdoms important allies. So for they have stood by my side without fail. I do not wish to see them harmed. I understand your resentment towards the Shade and your desire to conquer the Warrior Kingdom. But I ask you to consider your other options. There are a lot of your neigbors that you could attack without forcing me to conflicting loyalties. Please consider all options.

The God Emperor of the Dark Union and the Great Empire of Aerdi

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases