(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 2 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Re: Goddang e-mail!

To Hades with this blasted contraption! I'll do my
Edena! The Blank are beginning research on 10th level magic! In addition, we will use Scrying spells to determine whether or not it is safe for us to devote our power to research. Using these divinations, we will be protected from a surprise attack. Should we be attacked in a turn, we will have been considered to have been spending a mere 10 PL on 10th level research. If we are not attacked, we will have been considered to have spent ALL of our power on 10th level magic research.

Is it possible to declare your research with a tag like that? I thought if you researched you could not use that PL for anything else... If so I'm going to start researching more since I thought it lowered your defense hugely.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Re: For Lord Melkor!

Serpenteye said:
The Shade Imperium reinforces the western front and goes to the defensive, giving ground doggedly. Occasional raids and attacks are made against the enemy to keep them off balance. Spelljammers and the like are attacked by elite scuads who kill or enchant the pilots into shanging sides. Enemy mages and clerics are made a prioritated target for the fiends on the ground. a line of trenches and traps are built behind the front as a secondary defensive line and if the battle goes poorly for the Shade they retreat to that line. The Shade also withdraw 5 points of armies from the east. If the western front is in danger of breaking all shade forces are pulled out from the east except the guard on the County of Urnst.
The Shade do their best to spread dissent and uprisings amongst the enemy forces homelands, the Kevellond and the Pomarj are prioritized. Assassins do their best to destabilize the enemy forces and homelands by killing important officials and officers.

You may be able to blow up my spelljammers, but good luck yurning them against us. The Spell jammers are Piloted my Gith, who have great strength of will and are Guarded by Githzerai Zerths Who are master monk/fighters or monk/wizards, and not so easily defeated.

As for turning the soldiers and commanders against Kelden, Demigod and Prince of swords, again good luck. His semi-divine aura has an enthralling effect on his troops. they honestly love him and will give their lives for him.

Serpenteye

First Post
Repost.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Edena_of_Neith
The western half of Nyrond is now the property of Sollir (while Kas and his Legions sit there and do nothing but regenerate their losses.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. You contradict yourself. First you say that the Legions of Kas conquer Nyrond and now you say that Sollir does it. You also wrote that a part of the Legions of Kas reinforced the army at the Flinty Hills. I'm confused. Sorry if I'm too harsh, I just got carried away.
Did Mr Draco really order the Legions of Kas to do nothing?! I know I ordered them to move, but his order supercedes mine in this case. I still need to know
-----

The victorious armies from the battle of Flinty Hills divide. 1/4 of the armies chase after the fleeing enemy army to attemt to kill it. They will not walk into any obvious traps, though. 3/4 of the armies turn against the invaders of the North Kingdom to reinforce the defences and drive them back. The God-Emperor is with this force.
Two smaller forces dig in in the Flinty Hills and Garrel Enkdal, building defences.

Last edited by Serpenteye on 02-22-2002 at 11:19 PM

dagger

Adventurer
The dwarven Spell Jammers where NOT, repeat NOT, ferrying troops this turn, they where helping defend Celene.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ok, a few modifications:

It was one of the Dwarven mountains over Celene a certain illithid attacked, and caused to crash, crushing an elven village in the process and flattening the surrounding fields and woods.

The Army of Artansomay is a typo.
It is the Army of Delrune.
And you, Creamsteak, sent it on Turn 1 down to link up with the Swanmays, but it ran into the Dark Union first, and was engaged in battle and unable to disengage.
Now, it is in rout, a greater part of it dead, the rest falling back into Calrune and Gamboge Forest.
Fortunately for you, the God Emperor cannot give pursuit - he has a new army that has penetrated into the heart of his nation.
The 1/4 of his army pursuing your fleeing forces is stopped cold at the borders of Calrune and Gamboge Forest.

Mr Draco really DID order the Legions of Kas to do nothing.
As for who holds Nyrond, that is up to Mr Draco, Serpenteye, and Sollir.

The Gith Spelljamming Armada looks to the west, where the Scro Armada, Illithid Fleet, and Neogi Fleets are tearing the unholy crap out of the Kevellond League.
The Gith are helping a great deal against the Shade, but they realize that those people over there need help, and they need it NOW.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Nitpicks

The forces of the Dark Union launched no major assaults on the Grandwood. They established a defensive perimeter around the forset and raided the forest with Wraiths, Wights, Shadows and Ghosts, striking from the ethereal and the shadows to kill and undeadify the opposing forces, this was also done against civilians. The new undead would then join the attackers, fall under their control, and "recruit" more undead.

the Sea Barons reinforced the Sahuagin, does that make a difference at sea?

Well. Sollir did give me control of Nyrond in an e-mail. He can confirm this.

New Orders:
The victorious army in Delrune retreats to deal with the invaders while the armies that were already sent there (the North Kingdom) tie them up and contain them. A strong defence is established at the borders of the Delrune, Celadon, Seldanora and Gamboge. The areas taken in the offensive are fortified.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Nitpicking back:

The Sea Barons arrived too late to aid in the battle.
They could now attempt to attack the Fleets of the Lendores, but the Fleets of the Lendores are bigger than the Fleets of the Sea Barons.

Nevermind the fact that barbarian ships are streaming down en-mass from the Thillronian Peninsula to disgorge troops.
These barbarian ships are well known for their prowess in sea battles also.

The defenders of the Grandwood were expecting this kind of stunt.
To answer it, they have clerics who turn away the undead, or destroy them.
They also have various things light Continual Light stones, protection from evil (permanent), Mirrors of Life Trapping, and Mirrors of Opposition waiting for the more powerful attackers coming into the Grandwood.
Their spies and scouts are everywhere; the Grandwood military intelligence is nothing short of astonishing.

And yes, the Dark Union controls Nyrond.
However, the Swanmays and their allies are besieging Eastfair, and once they take it, they will be in a good position to fight the God Emperor and his returning forces.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
I accept that. Sorry for being argumentative. :)

The God Emperor himself teleports to Eastfair with a few elite scuads (4+6 ppts) to reinforce the city.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Kelden's army falls back into the forests of Cellene, continuing the battle against there foes there, pinning the shadow forces between his army and the orcs from the south.

The Gith Spell jammers, useless in such heavly forested country go west to battle there ancheint enemy, The illithid. Githzerai Zerths Plane shift and board the Mind flayer vessels and slay the crews. If successful, they turn the Illithid ships against the scro an neogi.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases